We are currently looking for Head of Accounting at Siemens Finance in Poland. A candidate for the position should be a caring and respectful team player with excellent communication skills and cultural awareness as s/he will work also with partners from other countries and colleagues from the Head Office. The person in this position will oversee accounting operations to ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements for both group and statutory reporting. The candidate must therefore pay attention to details, be aware of deadlines and work well under pressure.
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead the accounting team of Siemens Finance in Poland with 10 direct reports,
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial statements and disclosures of Siemens Finance Poland according to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as part of the Siemens Group’ financial statements and Polish GAAP incl. certification of the financial reporting,
- Ensure completeness and correctness of the internal and external reporting as well as compliance with accounting controls and processes for all accounting-related closing activities,
- Quality assurance and proper as well as timely processing of business transactions,
- Review and analysis of the accounting treatment for of non-routine or significant business transactions and alignment with the headquarters,
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as internal service providers,
- Analysis and continuous improvement of accounting-related processes and monitoring of the implementation status,
- Responsible for financial reporting to management of Siemens Finance Poland and local taxes.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- University degree in accounting, finance or related area,
- At least 5-6 years professional experience in the external accounting and preparation of financial statements according to IFRS and Polish GAAP, ideally within a financial service provider, a bank or an audit company,
- Experiences in the management of a team, ability to lead and develop people,
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of polish tax regulations (CIT, VAT),
- Very good communication skills and fluent in English (native Polish speaker)
- Experiences in the implementation of accounting standards and optimization of accounting processes,
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure,
- Ability to collaborate in an international environment,
- Flexibility and willingness to learn (growth mindset).
- Wide range of responsibilities and the opportunity to make a real impact on business,
- Good work atmosphere and organizational culture based on trust, responsibility and respect;
- Work in an international environment, opportunity to collaborate with cross-region teams;
- Space to fulfil your ambitions and develop also managerial skills,
- Stability of employment in a recognizable and established company – Siemens exists since 1847 and we (Siemens Finance) have been present in Poland for 22 years;
- Comfortable working environment – canteen, doctor, leisure and relax rooms on-site;
- Possibility to work remotely on chosen days;
- A selection of benefits (including, among others, Multisport card private medical care packages, life insurance, holiday subsidy, lunch card, additional paid days off) .
How to join us?
Please send us your CV in English.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Finance Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time