Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Energy, Siemens Limited India is seeking a responsible, professional, and self-motivated individual to fill a position in Gas Turbine - Research & development department. The Gas turbine R&D department is responsible for the design & development of Industrial and Aero-derivative gas-turbines used in power-generation and oil & gas applications.
The R&D department provides leadership & support in gas-turbine design & development from the conceptual-design stage through prototype-development, manufacturing, testing, validation and service-upgrades for the entire gas-turbines portfolio. The team continuously develops, maintains and improves our internal gas-turbine guidelines, tools and methods to increase the competitiveness of the Siemens portfolio and improve productivity.
Job Description (Role & responsibility):
• Carry out static/transient, Linear/Non-linear thermal and thermo mechanical FEA (Finite element analysis) of Gas Turbine static & Rotating components (e.g. blades & Vanes, combustion, Rotor, casing etc.) using commercial software such as ANSYS mechanical, ANSYS workbench, NX-CAE, Nastran & Abaqus.
• Perform Low cycle fatigue, High Cycle fatigue and detailed Fracture mechanics assessment of Gas Turbine’s static & rotating components.
• Perform high temperature creep calculation and assessment. Creep-fatigue interaction needs to be checked.
• Prepare and document FE calculation in the form of structural integrity design report.
• Participate and conduct structural integrity design review at component level.
• Seamless transfer of structural integrity calculation input and output between design team and project lead respectively.
Qualification & Experience required:
• Mechanical Engineer graduate/Post graduate from recognized college/university
• More than 10 years of experience in CAE/FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for linear, Non- linear, static, Transient, thermal and structural calculations.
• Experience in FEA software ANSYS mechanical or ANSYS Workbench or NX-CAE, Nastran or Abaqus
• Experience in Product Design in Turbo Machinery or Automotive or General Engineering
• Strong background in engineering Mechanics and mechanical design.
• Experience in turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine will be preferred
• Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time