Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers develop innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 450 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating and/or contributing to: the writing or editing of technical materials/documents, concerning assay, hardware and software topics; from the following types of technical documents:
- System manual and CLSI procedure manual
- Product updates
- Website information
- Quick start guides
- Information sheets
- Translations (including software strings)
- Design requirements and
Duties and Responsibilities
The Technical Writer is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Ensure technical accuracy, legibility
and compliance to quality and branding standards of customer-facing product
- Understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared
- Collecting technical information from Epocal’s internal subject matter experts (Engineering, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing)
- Interviewing production and engineering personnel and reading journals and other material
- Gathering and analyzing the information needs of the user
Liaison with translators
· Work with translators, printers and service providers for all document which require translations
Liaison with Marketing
- Assist with technical specifications & the selection of subject material for publication
- Review published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Study drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
- Tailor the “final product” for the appropriate audience and media
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers
- Assist in laying out material for publication
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Create work schedules, purchase orders for outside services
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
· Regular interaction with a broad range of individuals within Siemens Healthineers
- Dynamic environment with short decision-making hierarchy and cross-functional interdependence
- Need to proactively solve problems, seek clarity and optimize results while limiting usage of resources
- Well developed communication skills
- Manage time and resources to cover a broad range of technical topics to meet strict deadlines
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Must be technically proficient, organized, effective, detailed-oriented
Skills & Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Science, Engineering, Arts (English/Journalism/Technical Communications) and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- Minimum of 2-4 years related experience with a background in medical devices as an asset
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrated use of information mapping concepts
- Proficient user of modern desktop publishing software (Adobe, Quark, MS Word / Publisher)
- Well developed writing and editing skills using correct English grammar and syntax
- Proficiency (reading) in at least two other languages is an asset
- Ability to develop and maintain consistency within a system of documentation
- Ability to work effectively with others to research technical information
- Ability to work within a regulated healthcare environment (e.g. FDA)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.