Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Commodity Manager (m/f/d) IT Consulting & Services (SISW PLM)” in Germany, UK or in the US.
The purpose of this role is to enable a culture of spending discipline for the IT Consulting & Services category via the employment of efficient, effective and best class in strategic sourcing, contract management, negotiation and supplier management practices and leveraging identified Siemens implemented technology. The Commodity Manager is responsible for performing industry research and monitoring global business environments in order to develop, align, and execute strategic commodity plans for the category spend.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Develop sustainable sourcing strategies for the IT Consulting & Services spend globally that include spend analysis, market and geographic considerations, and strategic importance and client requirements
- Monitore and analyze trends in company spending in order to make recommendations for the future in line with client needs
- Identify and evaluate procurement risks, opportunities and market forces to avoid business exposure and exploit potential opportunities
- Identify and evaluate business risks in contracts and advice the business owner of supplier’s performance obligations to mitigate said risk
- Develop supplier analysis and market intelligence. Develop deep understanding of Services category in order to control the company’s purchased services costs and to assure an adequate source of supply
- Define purchasing recommendations that are in line with business goals, in collaboration with stakeholders and partner organizations (finance, legal)
- Negotiate pricing, key terms, and conditions of sale with key suppliers and vendors, negotiating and managing contracts and agreements for the Services category
- Deliver and validate savings by building and owning relationships with internal customers of IT Consulting & Services category globally
- Effectively communicate the company's long-term procurement strategies including benefits of supplier collaboration to team members and key stakeholders
Your qualifications - meaningful and adequate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- solid experience in related procurement / supply chain
- Strategic Sourcing and Project Management experience needed
- Experience working and demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders and business partners
- Experience in conducting quarterly business review (QBR) with key suppliers to drive supplier performance towards industry benchmark needed
- Advanced contracting skills critical - knowledge of contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry. Demonstrated ability of executing contracts
- Experience with online negotiations (electronic Auctions) and with developing, publishing and conducting Request for Proposal (RFP) needed
- Experience in developing the business case for cost saving initiatives, experience in delivering cost savings
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to adapt, prioritize and execute to achieve desired results needed
- Experience in preparing reports for management & peers to educate and communicate on issues, opportunities and new initiatives
- Strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills needed
- Experience with SAP or any other ERP system required
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time