At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As part of the Zone/Global Curriculum development team, has accountability for the consistent architectural design of specified curricula within a specified Business Segment. Manage the curricula design and development of named curricula to support learning projects for a specified Business Segment working in collaboration across the business to deliver high quality customer learning curricula development services to the Siemens business. Coordinate curriculum projects for a specified Business Segment, maintaining a backlog of development requests from Services field, and agreeing work assignments with Zone Curriculum Leads.
Work across business segments to provide specialist editor resource capability. Works under self-management, managing projects of basic to moderate scope. Mentors Curriculum Leads on curriculum best practices and standards.
- Perform needs analysis and create preliminary architecture design for courseware
- Design, manage and execute new portfolio and curriculum elements for technical trainings and certifications targeted to our international channels (internal and partners)
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Sponsor Board to align on priorities and get their commitment to support development via the crowd sourcing process
- Perform detailed design to the asset level
- Design & develop learning modules, assessments & assets
- Develop both on-demand and instructor-led curriculum
- Adhere to “Next Gen” curriculum development processes and standards
- Work under light supervision
- Work on projects/assignments of moderate to complex scope, making key decisions for the project/assignment
- Mentor Learning Consultants on curriculum best practices and standards
- Manage 4-6 curriculum projects simultaneously
- Support 10-15 crowd resources
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Adult learning formal training or equivalent experience
- Bachelors or equivalent: instructional design or instructional technology preferred.
- Alternately Bachelors: computer science, engineering, business, marketing or sales (or lower qualifications with relevant work experience)
- Have basic knowledge about Manufacturing and Collaboration software
- Quickly acquire new technical and software knowledge and are able to share this with others effectively
- Proactive, creative and strategic thinking. You possess analytical capabilities, customer orientation and team working, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about producing high-quality and engaging learning content
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Excellent English language skills
Learning Project Management:
- Using tools provided, scope projects and assign work based on priority and available resources
- Maintain a backlog of courses identified for development, and change request for, standard curriculum in a specified business segment
- Manage curriculum design work stream and assignments, coordinating resources and work assignments with Curriculum Leads to keep projects on track.
- Provide status reports and escalate project issues and risks as necessary
- Provide documented templates, standards, and instructions related to technical and editorial reviews, publishing guidelines, and storyboards
- Work with Curriculum Leads to identify and provide translation files to meet the needs of localization and language
Architectural Design of Curricula:
- Conduct instructional interviews and detailed task analysis with Professional Services, Product Management, Curriculum project sponsors and designated Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), understanding applications and use case scenarios, in order to produce architectural designs for effective and efficient role and process based, interactive learning.
- Perform detailed audience analysis in order produce architectural designs and plans to meet the needs of all audiences for specified curriculum within a Business Segment
- Gather requirements from Business Leaders to define requirements for specific courses within a curriculum to support learning and development of users
- Working within global strategy and identified delivery modalities design the layout of curriculum for a consistent and quality training product in support of all delivery types (ILT, Self-Paced eLearning, Blended, Virtual etc)
- Provide curricula architectural design documentation as input to Curriculum Leads
Mentoring, Practice Participation & Knowledge Sharing:
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Curriculum Community of Practice
- Participate in social commentary, ratings, questions and answers
- Participate in industry bodies to stay current on Instructional Design best practices
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency on named product/s for assigned courseware
- Research, and collaborate across the curriculum development community, to seek out new and innovative curriculum design ideas, concepts and industry practices that will enable assistance in the continued improvement of content development processes and standards, recommending changes required to match or surpass e-learning industry standards.
- Take ownership of specific Services Methodology quality factors and best practices and drive their definition, development and curation
- Provide mentoring to Curriculum Architects and Developers
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Computer science degree, and ideally have previous experience in both technical and sales/consulting environments
- You will have 2-3 years of training and instructional design experience, corporate training and adult training
- Interviewing SMEs
- Mentoring others on curriculum development processes
- Quality analysis
- Graphic design
- Release management
- Experience with Camtasia, Audacity, Share Point, and Polarion
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.