Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Procurement Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Procurement Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Be actively involved in the product development/ manufacturing process, identify and implement cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, Value Engineering, etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs by fulfilling the necessary functions. Closely align with R&D/ Engineering community, PLM, Commodity Managers, Buyers
- Conduct and provide market information/ analysis on relevant global technologies and price trends to develop new competent suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis workshops, innovation workshops and concept competitions with key suppliers in order to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
- Introduce and follow up given cross-functional Procurement strategies to ensure the linkage of commodity strategies, technology roadmaps and market trends.
- Provide input for supplier quotes optimization, BoM assessment, lead time reduction and on-time improvement.
- Participate in workgroups to stay informed and keep others informed and exert influence from an early stage.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have experience in Reagents, Plastics or Packaging product engineering, R&D, manufacturing or technical procurement.
- You are skilled in supplier interfacing, communication with supplier and project management
- You have the ability to understand product / component design and discuss it with suppliers to optimize for manufacture.
- You are able to plan, organize and analyze data to build recommendations on sourcing improvements.
- You are able to present specific content comprehensively to respective target groups (senior and executive management).
- You have full understanding of early supplier- and procurement involvement levers.
- You have advanced leadership and teamwork skills.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills at all organizational levels.
- You have advanced PC skills (MS Office software suite, SAP).
- Willingness to travel and flexibility is expected.
Required Education, Experience and Skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant area.
- 2-3 years of related experience in procurement, project management or engineering with an international organization.
- Advanced technical skills assessing supplier capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record of being proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.