>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position manages projects specific to the electrical services business. These projects focus on low / medium power distribution systems including switchgear, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, and protective relay maintenance. Activities include planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects while ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
- Participate in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyze available one-line drawings and site documentation, plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements
- Manage the development of project plans, in advance of project activity, ensuring effective execution by the Project Team. Participate in on-site project management as necessary to monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan
- Prepare or oversee preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting tools and work with team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepare or oversee preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorize payments to material suppliers and subcontractors
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to schedule projects, dispatch resources, and keep projects within scope and on budget.
- Obtain bids and select reliable subcontractors to provide additional test equipment and support of project execution
- Participate in job site final walk-thru and manage the completion of all close-out documentation such as acceptance reports, one-line drawing updates and project close out documentation, collections and payments and all project records
- Minimum Associate degree; Bachelor of Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, engineering, or project management of low / medium voltage power distribution systems as noted in the position overview; 2+ years preferred
- PMP® or CAPM® Certification preferred
- NETA or NICET Certification preferred
- Travel: 25%
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
This job may be based in Colorado. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Colorado is $55,386 - $82,314 and the annual incentive target is 5% of base salary.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.