Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
The Test instrumentation design engineer is responsible to design and product definition of gas turbine components test instrumentation routing using NX & Teamcenter. The engineer should be able to understand the functional, assembly and manufacturing requirements and come up with innovative & appropriate solutions to meet the design requirements.
Need to work within the team and with cross functional teams. Job requires creating 3D models & detailing and drawing checking. Very good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Gas turbine testing probes and manufacturing process are essential.
Job also requires regular interaction with global teams in USA, Germany, and Sweden. Hence engineer should have strong communication skills and cross-cultural knowledge.
Role & Responsibilities
- • Understand the product structure, design requirements and design principles
- • Design and detailing of Gas turbine test instrumentation routing.
- • Create new product designs and product assemblies, and solve design-related problems
- • Work with project lead to understand the requirements, provide engineering data, timelines and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline
Required Skills and Experience
- • B.E./B.Tech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- • At least 4 years of experience in Turbomachinery Design engineering, Test instrumentation design, Product definition of test instrumentation design.
- • Experience in utilizing mechanical engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design and detailing complex components and assemblies using NX (unigraphics) or other similar solid modeling CAD software
- • Ability to perform engineering calculations and apply GD&T per ASME Y-14.5M
- • Mechanical-design fundamentals & problem solving skills
- • Gas Turbine Component and System Design Experience or any turbomachinery design experience
- • Very good interpersonal and communication skills to work with cross functional team and with different cultural background
- • Flexibility to work with different time zones.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time