Making manufacturing smarter
The manufacturing industry is undergoing a substantial transformation, and we want to ensure a successful future. To do so, we need forward-looking thinkers with a comprehensive vision and intelligent minds that seek answers. Help us prepare the manufacturing industry for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, as well as being one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020 and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers in 2021.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the candidate will use positive leadership to coordinate the production activities of a unionized work team in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Production Supervisor will play an active role in supervising, managing and problem solving within their work team. They will ensure compliance with the collective agreement while managing attendance and compliance with occupational health and safety standards.
- Coordinate the department’s production activities to maximize productivity while complying with all predetermined specifications;
- Demonstrate leadership to improve occupational health and safety by implementing the best processes and ensuring compliance;
- Manage human and material resources appropriately to ensure financial performance and the achievement of objectives;
- Coordinate and monitor shipments while ensuring compliance with all delivery deadlines;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of management procedures;
- Maximize manufacturing efficiency while optimizing the resources under his/her responsibility.
What will you need to succeed?
- DEC in engineering (electrical, mechanical, or industrial), or in a management or manufacturing-related field;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position or in personnel management;
- Different but equivalent combinations of education and experience will also be considered;
- Solid experience in occupational health and safety improvements;
- Knowledge of the Office Suite and SAP
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Basic knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to show resourcefulness, initiative, determination, and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skill, ability to maintain good relationships with employees and strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team while demonstrating a collaborative mindset and strong priority management skills;
- Availability to work nights.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us, and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together, we have raised $757,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 23 non-profit organizations and planting 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees and 24 offices and facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.