Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Solution Engineer (Fluidics)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Solution Engineer (Fluidics), you will be
- You will be responsible for quality, timeliness, and costs-effectiveness of Fluidics Engineering designs for sustaining engineering and development projects within LD GEO.
- You will actively participate in identification of potential technical problems and provide effective solutions by application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes; display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Fluidics Engineering.
- You will work closely with Mechatronic, Systems, Electrical, Controls, Structural, Thermal, and Software Applications Engineers as well as with Reliability, Test, Manufacturing, and Service Engineers on full integration of Fluidics Engineering into product development and sustaining engineering.
- You will be responsible for timely and high quality documentation of design changes, preparation and execution of technical reviews.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have demonstrated understanding of fundamentals of fluid dynamics in laboratory-scale applications.
- You have demonstrated understanding of mechanical design and product development for robust performance with minimized cost and high manufacturability.
- You have demonstrated understanding of fluid and mechanical analysis for new product development. Working knowledge of analytical methods.
- You possess practical knowledge of benefits and limitations of state of the art FEA and CFD tools (e.g., STAR-CCM+, NX SimCenter, ANSYS Fluent/CFX) as well as in formulation of initial and boundary conditions.
- You will critically evaluate existing Fluidics Engineering designs and propose performance and cost-savings improvements.
- You possess great oral and written presentation skills. The ability to communicate work progress in a manner leading to establishment of credibility with senior leadership.
- You have working knowledge of Product Development, Design Control and Design Change processes.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 7 years of demonstrated practical success in Fluidics Engineering / R&D.
- Experience in product development for Medical/Pharmaceutical/Aerospace/Automotive industry.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.