Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position supports the project management team with document control, project scheduling, financial documentation, and project close-out to ensure projects move smoothly through project milestone. By completing tasks delegated to you by the Project Manager and team, you will ensure that all projects are moving forward on time. The coordinator will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently.
Although this position may be based anywhere in the U.S., we prefer it to be based in Austin, TX.
At the direction of the Project Managers, provide support to the PM with duties pertaining to projects. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining construction documents
- Project related document creation, copying, distribution and control
- Coordinate material purchasing and delivery to appropriate locations (as needed)
- Track material to ensure requested ship/deliver dates are met and costs properly accounted for in the project cost
- Be the liaison between the PMs, Specialists, Sales Executives, Procurement, Engineering, and FBA Staff as required
- Work with PM to ensure permits/approvals are opened before work begins and closed at job completion
- Ensure that certificates of insurance are not expired
- Work with PM to book Change Orders
- Conduct weekly follow ups with assigned clients to confirm site readiness
- Advise commissioners not to commission sites with 24 hours’ notice if all documents and photos have not been received, except in select cases (specifically requested dates, sites where photos cannot always be taken)
- Review photos and send to commissioners to detect any errors prior to commission date
- Log data showing sites that were pushed back or sites that were deemed ready but non-commissionable while on site
- Notify commissioners and Field Resource Manager of any site dates needing to be rescheduled or reassigned
- Assist with any BOM’s, invoicing, or data entry as requested by the Project Manager
- Demonstrate proficiency with Operations Tool, Enterprise Portal and Activity Portal
- Demonstrate proficiency navigating ServiceWiki
- Log data in the Service Call Dispatches spreadsheet to track average service costs
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SAP, and Project Management software (2 years)
- Proficiency and knowledge of building automation, controls and/or energy management (2 years)
- Limited travel required
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- College degree in technical or project management related field
- Industry experience of at least 2 years
- Microsoft Excel
- Written and verbal communication proficiency
- Strict organizational skills
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.