Project / Solutions Engineer - Clean Air Zones
With the growth and rapid deployment of the Clean Air Zones (CAZ) throughout the UK and the launch Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) CAZ we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Solutions engineer to join the service delivery group dedicated to the operational support and delivery of the solution primarily attached to TfGM but with opportunity to support and influence the wider solutions.
We are looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our award-winning team. In this role you will be responsible for the daily delivery of the service ensuring the solution is functioning adequately from the hardware on street and working with our field service operatives through to the hosted dedicated instation solution. You will communicate daily with the wider Siemens service team but also the customer, so communications and organization is key to the role.
The Solutions Engineer role will be responsible for the delivery of the Clean Air Zone system primarily within Manchester and providing support in the operations of the solution from Project inception through the operational phase including, product management and support, managing 3rd party approvals, obsolescence reviews, testing, product quality reviews and supporting the wider delivery group ensuring the successful delivery of the solution. As a part of the operations team, the role will include responsibility for the project deployment and support of innovative Traffic Enforcement solutions both in the United Kingdom and Worldwide, including Civil and Criminal Enforcement, Clean Air Zones, Congestion Charging and Tolling.
The role requires working amongst a team of highly experienced Traffic Enforcement specialists to deliver and support standard products and systems, deploying these to customers with some degree of customization.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager you will be expected to provide regular updates, operate in a dynamic environment and be able to travel throughout the United Kingdom and worldwide. Your main base of operations will be in the Manchester area however some travel to other Siemens sites will be required.
You will be responsible for establishing effective relationships and communications with Customers, the wider Siemens Project Delivery and Product Support teams within the Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems business.
The successful candidate will be a self-starting innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
What are the requirements for this role
- Be a strong technical expert who has the ability to drive innovation, problem solve and communicate effectively with all project stakeholders
- Support the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints
- Have regular customer contact, to establish feedback against current performance levels and to gather an understanding of any potential future opportunities.
- Have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- Responsible for planning and tracking of projects, including the planning of timescales / milestones, forecasting of cost through to project tracking and reporting progress (including recommending mitigating options) to management
- Create solutions for complex and unfamiliar systems that have a major business impact. Establish system requirements from appropriate regulations, customer requests, or technology strategies.
- Support the Sales and Tendering by quantifying the quality, time and cost scope of solutions to enquiries
- Be able to identify and implement process and product change resulting in safety, cost, or customer improvements.
- Flexibility to accommodate scheduled working across the UK and internationally.
What experience do I need to apply for this role?
- Minimum BSc/BA in Engineering or IT related field required
- Robust knowledge of IT systems and software
- Full UK Driving license.
- Must be able to create, track and follow project planning using structured methods
- Highly desirable - Expertise in traffic systems including ANPR technology for use in low emission zones, congestion charging, fixed and average speed systems.
- Desirable - Knowledge and experience of regulatory framework and accreditation processes for civil and criminal enforcement systems.
- Highly Desirable - SQL Server or MySQL working knowledge
- Highly Desirable - Knowledge of IP communications, routing, switching, VPNs for network design
- Desirable - Linux and Windows environment configuration including virtualization.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Project
- The role requires excellent communication skills, with customers, external partners and internal colleagues at all levels.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time