The Platform Operations team leads the budgeting, evaluation, analysis, implementation of the tools and solutions employed by the Siemens Digital Platforms organization. Additionally, the team owns quality assurance, support and consultation of the platforms owned by the team.
The Platform Team Manager is focused on making sure the team members have the skills and equipment to do their jobs, and that the employees are satisfied/happy in their roles. They keep an open line of communication with each team member, do regular checkups on how they are doing as individuals and team members. The team manager leads stakeholder engagement and awareness for the team. Being acutely aware of the escalations, prioritization, planning and anticipation of future needs of our customers and stakeholders.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews
- Define and maintain roadmaps, technical project plans outlining tasks and milestone dates.
- Creates individual development plans for each employee and conducts regular reviews of their progress
- Identifies training opportunities for the team and works with other managers in digital platforms to manage the development budget.
- Manages the purchasing of tools/software required by the organization
- Works in close collaboration with Product Owner and Stakeholders to ensure employees are fulfilling team goals and delivering value to the business
- Helps employees remove internal or external roadblocks to achieving their team goals
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with software implementation from selection to go-live and ongoing support.
- Exceptional coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Extensive experience with software selection and implementation
- Knowledge of web development best practices
- Desire to deliver and exceed customer expectations
- Excellent diplomacy skills and ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership
- Experience working in Agile development teams (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience working in or managing a globally dispersed team
- 10+ years of software implementation experience
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Remote or Office location optional
- Occasional travel for team meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.