Siemens Digital Industries Software IT is looking for a Senior Application Support Analyst as a key member of a global 24/5 “follow-the-sun” application support team. As part of our IT Support & Enablement organization, your job is the main First-line support resource in the North America time zone engaging in application operations & support activities for our TAC (Technical Access Center) suite of application software.
TAC provides various applications for a wide variety of internal Siemens organizations such as Product Development, Product Support, Quality, Release Management, and Finance. The team sets a very high bar for its service, with the team’s mission being defined as “consistently meet or exceed the expectations of its internal customers by delivering technologically-sound applications and desired improvements in a timely manner, at the same time delight its customers with prompt, courteous, professional services and support.”Responsibilities
- Support users who have questions and problems with our applications as well as with user profile and system access in the Americas time zone, as part of the “follow-the sun” 24/5 global TAC support.
- Perform hand-shaking support transfer with the EMEA zone at the beginning of the support shift, and with the APAC zone at the end of shift.
- Contribute to custom report development, query scripting, software configuration & database maintenance projects.
- Assist with user documentation as needed.
- Participate in unit testing and application release testing.
- Potentially play a mentor/supervisor role for Mexico-based student interns or junior analysts if team portfolio expands in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Outstanding English (written and verbal) skills for cross-location communication.
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Good knowledge of Excel crucial.
- Solid understanding of relational database, SQL scripting.
- Quick learner and teammate.
- Works well under pressure.
- Encourage teamwork.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database.
- Solid understanding of web services (SOAP, REST).
- Good knowledge of server scripting (Linux).
- Knowledge of AWS and Elastic search.
- Knowledge of queuing tools (RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka)
- Good interpersonal Skills to work with business sponsors and application developers on new requirements (such as application features, or custom reports/analytics).
- Experience with IT project management.
- Experience with ServiceNow helpdesk.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time