Do you like understanding the client’s needs and help them along the way to success? Are you passionate about studying market trends and identifying latest and most innovative opportunities to support the business? If you feel at ease building long positive relationships with clients and like collaborating in a fast-paced team we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Grid Edge Software Sales within our Siemens Smart Infrastructure Team based in Milan!
Siemens Digital Grid Software are seeking a hardworking and experienced sales and business development professional with leading and exemplar partner management, specifically in software applications, incorporating Grid Edge software products and solutions.
Siemens Grid Edge apps are crafted for the deregulated energy market. Driven by digitalization, decentralization and a global call for decarbonization, generators, consumers and prosumers go after new market models, leading to constantly growing revenues. Grid Edge applications have huge annual growth forecasts (10 – 30%).
Currently Siemens Grid Edge offers three apps in their portfolio: they enable buildings, infrastructures and industries to optimize their energy efficiency (EEA - Energy Efficiency Analytics), they empower customers to intelligently integrate renewables and to take control of their energy supply (DEOP – Decentralized Energy Optimization Platform), they support the expansion of infrastructure for eMobility (E-CAR Operation Center).
The implementation of GX applications require dealing with ground-breaking IT drivers, like cloud implementation and operation, data analytics and even Artificial Intelligence. Cybersecurity is key, since often the apps are directly influencing critical infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the sales growth plans for Digital Grid’s software portfolio and to identify and develop account maximization opportunities. To this end, the successful candidate will be required to work collaboratively with the respective Siemens product houses and IoT solutions delivery group to develop offerings for the current and future Italy customer base.
The Smart Infrastructure Division from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.Want to know more?: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/smart-infrastructure.html Your Responsibilities:
- Represent and lead the SW sales and growth agenda for Digital Grid Software Italy
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities and account development plans for retention and growth; securing exciting order intake results that meet and exceed business objectives
- Be entrepreneurial, whilst developing a culture of continuous improvement, providing mentorship to other complimentary areas of the Siemens Digital Grid and Smart Infrastructure organization
- Provide clear guidance to Product Lifecycle Managers and global portfolio sales leads for the technical and commercial needs of your markets and opportunities
- Provide customer critical issue point for ongoing support and dispute resolution
- Manage contract lifecycle, extension, and renewals with a clear focus on recurring revenue. Including offer preparation, pricing approvals and final negotiation
- Working in close collaboration with numerous internal partners throughout the Siemens business to ensure aligned market messaging and balanced business growth via key channels
- Proven experience in Software sales
- Ideally will have knowledge of Energy Industry & Smart Grid infrastructure
- Are self-confident in communicating and presenting decisions
- Enjoy working in a virtual and dynamic environment
- Are happy to become a hands-on teammate to get things done and are excited about continuous learning, ready to bring in own ideas to round-up a solution concept
- Ready to work in a “start-up” environment, creativity to customize and adapt sales and marketing material to specific market requirements
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Mechanical, IT/Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Technical Diploma
- Handle Sales Policy in terms of Pricing, Discount, General Terms & Conditions in the specific market
- Available to frequent business trips
- Proficient in English and Italian
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, crafting a work environment of diversity and inclusion, this help us fully realize the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices (Smartworking) that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Siemens takes also care of its employees needs with Flexible Welfare Programs that can be extended to your family (Health Insurance, Shareholding Plans, Professional and Extraprofessional accident insurance).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
NOTE: For the new GDPR we manage only online applications in English, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time