The Johnson City, TN Research & Development Hardware team has an opportunity for an Electronic Hardware Design Engineer.
"Are you ready to design and create factory automation equipment for machine and systems that safely automate our world?"
- Develop electronic hardware for embedded controllers and input / output devices used in industrial control products. The candidate will analyze, design, troubleshoot, and implement electronic hardware solutions, design to rigorous industry standards, plus review process and design documents for automation products.
- The engineer is responsible for implementation of detailed electronic designs and supervising generation of schematics, component selection, engineering specifications, and PCB designs. They must be proficient in design problem resolution, and guides agency testing and product testing during qualification. The engineer will collaborate with international Research & Development on similar products and with international factory teams during development and production phases. The position reports to the Functional Safety Engineering Project Manager.
- Able to proficiently operate the typical electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Understanding of firmware for embedded controllers to closely work with firmware developers regarding functionality and performance requirements.
- Ability to create and adhere to project schedules and requirements.
- Knowledgeable in the use of CAD tools for schematic capture. Must rapidly gain proficiency in use of Team Center for the Product Life-cycle Management (PLM).
- Knowledgeable in the use of circuit simulation tools (SPICE).
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes in support of production start-ups and sustaining activities.
- Education: BS EE degree or higher
- 5+ years of direct experience in design electronic hardware with embedded controllers and input / output devices.
- Deep professional know-how and experience in design principles for PCB design and analysis expertise for high frequency, EMI/EMC testing, and remediation techniques.
- Strong quality orientation with the ability to improve existing processes and approaches.
- Understanding and adherence to practices defined in IEC 61508 and ISO 13849 is a plus.
- Extensive experience in design and analysis of digital and analog electronic circuit (for example, microprocessors, transistors, comparators, operational amplifiers, logic gates, linear regulators, switching regulators).
- Able to write design documents, test procedures and test reports, and rapidly gain proficiency in the use of, Enterprise Architect for design documentation.
- Extensive experience in the aspects of EMI/EMC testing, analysis, and aspects of remediation techniques. Oversee System and Type testing with prompt resolution of problem reports.
- 5% domestic or international travel.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.