Senior Sales Manager – Digital Enterprise & New Business Models
Location: Global, the new team member can be based anywhere across the globe
Department: DI S BML
Thinking Industry Further
Siemens Digital Industries is the innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Together with our partners and customers we drive Digitalization in both the discrete and the process industry, enabling flexibility, efficiency, and reduced time to market. Digital transformation paves the way for innovation, services, and new data-based business models.
In order to enable companies to make the most out of digitalization, Siemens developed Digital Enterprise – a holistic portfolio of software and automation solutions. The Digital Enterprise enables companies of every sector to integrate and digitalize their business processes. Companies can start with digitalization at any step of their value chain, for greenfield and brownfield plants, and based on standardized and open interfaces.
What part will you play?
As a Senior Sales Manager – Digital Enterprise & New Business Models, you are part of the Deal Enablement Team, a high-profile program sponsored by the Executive Management of Digital Industries (DI).
Your mission is to assist our Automation and Software sales organizations, in cooperation with the Business Uunit organizations to formulate, negotiate and win customer contracts for selected, more complex business opportunities and business models. In focus are opportunities which are multiportfolio and include automation and software/IOT elements.
The key objectives are:
- Together with the countries DI management you select and evaluate suitable opportunities to be supported by the Deal Enablement team
- You gain full and comprehensive understanding of the Business Model (offering and its value proposition) and portfolio view
- You propose and enable possible deal scenarios and evaluate technical and commercial risk as well as execution for each deal scenario jointly with the Sales organizations, Finance, Legal and the relevant Business Unit portfolio units
- You consult with regional Legal and Finance teams and other experts to mitigate the risks and exploit full potential
- You are the quality gate of the bid which is jointly formulated and structured with the regional business owner
- You assist the sales organization in the bid negotiation towards “one face to the customer” to close the deal and hand it over to the project execution team
- To close the loop, you lead and document feedback to use learnings and build a more robust deal enablement process
What you need to make real what matters.
- You have very extensive front-line sales experience, preferably key-account sales experience, as well as extremely strong customer focus
- In your past assignments you structured and successfully negotiated multiportfolio deals in the area of automation, software and preferably IOT solutions and have obtained a successful track record in closing more complex deals, preferably in a project or solutions environment
- You have experience in identifying and assessing potential risks and defining appropriate counter measures
- You have coordinated and orchestrated cross-functional teams in an international environment and have demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Due to your international exposure, you have an excellent knowledge of English; fluent German skills are a plus
- Strong business acumen, good judgment, objectivity, and policy management are key attributes necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to present complex deal structures and related stakeholder management experience
- You have extraordinary networking and communication skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time