Senior Finance Business Partner - Digital Enterprise & New Business Models
Location: Global, the new team member can be based anywhere across the globe
Department: DI S BML
Thinking Industry further
Siemens Digital Industries is the innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Together with our partners and customers we drive Digitalization in both the discrete and the process industry, enabling flexibility, efficiency, and reduced time to market. Digital transformation paves the way for innovation, services, and new data-based business models.
In order to enable companies to make the most out of digitalization, Siemens developed Digital Enterprise – a holistic portfolio of software and automation solutions. The Digital Enterprise enables companies of every sector to integrate and digitalize their business processes. Companies can start with digitalization at any step of their value chain, for greenfield and brownfield plants, and based on standardized and open interfaces.
What part will you play?
As Senior Finance Business Partner – Digital Enterprise & New Business Models, you are part of the Deal Enablement Team, a high-profile program sponsored by the Executive Management of Digital Industries (DI).
Your mission is to support our Automation and Software sales organizations and customer success organization, in cooperation with the Business Unit organizations to formulate, negotiate and win customer contracts for selected more complex business opportunities and business models. The position advises the sales team on best practice, collaborating throughout the sales process to enable an optimal outcome. In focus are opportunities which are multiportfolio and include automation and software/IOT elements.
The key objectives are:
- You gain full and comprehensive understanding of the Business Model (offering and its value proposition) with special focus on the business model monetization, revenue, and delivery model
- You propose and enable possible deal scenarios and evaluate commercial risk as well as execution for each deal scenario jointly with the Sales organizations, Legal and the relevant Business Unit portfolio units
- You plan and evaluate deal economics in complex multi-product / scope deals, such as pricing, P&L, risk management, revenue and payment schedule, profit margin splits. You will as well co-develop the commercial framework
- You consult with regional Legal and Finance teams and other experts to mitigate the risks and exploit potential. You are the quality gate of the bid which is jointly formulated and structured with the regional business owner
- You ensure compliance with relevant guidelines, policies, and procedures
- You support the sales organization in the bid negotiation towards “one face to the customer” to close the deal and hand it over to the project execution team
- You also support finance team by taking care of approval processes, ensuring compliance with revenue recognition (MEAs), and supporting with logistics and delivery process (such as export control, credit check, etc.)
- To close the loop, you lead and document feedback to use learnings and build a more robust finance deal enablement process
- You have earned a Degree in business or a related field
- You have many years of experience as (Project / Commercial) Finance Analyst in a sales related field or in investment banking / consulting
- You are experienced in navigating across multiple disciplines including legal, order fulfillment, monetization strategies for different Business Models
- Simulation Models are standard elements of your analytical repertoire
- You have experience in HQ finance, accounting, and sales
- You possess demonstrated competency communicating with a variety of audiences and stake holders, including upper management
- Strong business acumen, good judgment, objectivity, and policy management are key attributes necessary for success in this role and you already have it
- You are able to present complex deal structures and related stakeholder management experience
- You have exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Furthermore, you are experienced in cross-regional and cross-cultural projects and therefore, you have an excellent knowledge of English; fluent German skills are a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time