Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Staff Reliability Engineer in Systems Engineering. The role will be located at Tarrytown, NY (headquarters site location of Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics) and the engineering teams are located in Tarrytown, NY as well as Newark, DE and Flanders, NJ sites.
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As the Staff Reliability
Engineer within our Systems Engineering
organization in Lab Diagnostics, you will be responsible for the technical
leadership of key system design for reliability projects for complex laboratory
· You will collaborate with key business stakeholders including Marketing and Services to understand and define reliability needs and develop system design goals for products within our lab diagnostics and medical devices portfolio.
· You will analyze, derive and allocate requirements and goals related to reliability to system, subsystems and components.
· You will analyze and develop a robust understanding of the usage profiles, use environment and clinical expectations of target laboratory segments.
· You will employ system modeling, physics of failure approaches, predictive and non-destructive testing to identify and address reliability challenges during the design process.
· You will work closely with Portfolio and Product Management and System Architect Engineers to define reliability strategies for programs and lead and coordinate cross-functional team members.
· You will interface with System, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Teams to deploy best Design for Reliability best practices, participate in design reviews and maintain and quantify performance metrics in support of reliability efforts.
· You are willing to travel up to 20%, including travel between other engineering sites (Newark, DE and Flanders, NJ) and customer accounts.
This position may suit you best if you
are familiar with what is below, and
would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have 8+ years reliability engineering experience in complex electromechanical instrumentation in a new product development environment.
- Experience with medical device product lifecycle preferred, working knowledge of medical device systems including optics, mechanical, electrical, fluidics and software components.
- Experience designing fault-tolerant systems, degradation models and physics of failure of themal-fluidics-mechatronics systems.
- Familiar with modern design methodologies and associated tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Preferred experience with reliability statistics, reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Tree Analysis, Six Sigma Methodology, Root Cause and Root Cause Failure Analysis, Design of Experiment, xFMEA, DfX.
- You have a demonstrated ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audience (and vice versa)
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with technical teams and drive results.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in either Mechanical /Electrical /Biomedical /Systems /Chemical /Computer /Reliability Engineering or related discipline.
- Advanced degree in Reliability Engineering and/or CRE preferred.
- DfX certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Agile development with Product Owner experience is a plus
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach teams is required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.