Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Purpose of the Role:
Siemen’s IES division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to enhance their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
CAPITAL has a large codebase and development environment primarily based on the Java platform. Development teams work in global development centers, follow Scrum methodologies, and utilize Agile best practices backed by high levels of test automation.
An opportunity has arisen to join a development team based in Newbury UK both leading the development activities and making a 'hands-on' contribution to projects. The group focuses on the design of platform-level solutions for the wiring harness industry which feature unique algorithmic and data management challenges.
- You will have experience working in a Scrum team, preferably as a Scrum Master / Team Lead /Technical Lead.
- You will have led development teams and projects, working with Product Owners and technical architects to manage requirements capture and development schedules.
- You will possess a thorough understanding of data structures, algorithms, and Object-Oriented Design principles and their application to problem-solving, with a background in Java or C++ development.
- You will also have exposure to the use of automated testing to support the code you have written.
- You will be able to demonstrate sound analytical and problem-solving abilities coupled with strong communications skills.
- Ideally, you will also have gained experience working on large projects where the management of complex data is a primary concern.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: MG Ireland ltd, UK Branch
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time