Siemens paves the way for manufacturing companies into a smarter future with three versatile and robust industrial IoT solutions – Industrial Edge, MindSphere, and Mendix. With Industrial Edge, customers can leverage machine data in real time and at scale to improve processes. MindSphere helps industrial customers to maximize the benefits of industrial data with AI and advanced analytics in the cloud. And with Mendix, customers have application development capabilities at hand, even without coding experience.
As part of the software sales team, participate in the sales process to facilitate sales of software. Engage with customers and prospects to gather high level customer business and technical requirements, understand existing information technology infrastructure and determine customer business needs as part of the sales effort. Utilizing advanced knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, industry best practices and competitive differentiation, support product and solution positioning by preparing and delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed solutions to customers using customized and standard material.
- Designing and delivering Cloud or hybrid based solutions, covering Operational Technology (OT) and IT convergence
- Standardizing the architecture and operating models and integrating existing products to reach the goals of digital simplicity and cloud-native operating models across the whole value chain
- Contribution to product’s roadmaps reflecting customer requirements and relevant technology and feature updates
- Support international sales teams in customer dialogues as a trusted advisor for overarching solution architectures and technological questions
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of experience as a cloud sales engineer or solution architect for highly distributed platform architectures and complex system architectures.
- Knowledge of industrial IoT and underlying technologies such as SCADA, MES, ERP, IOT, Automation, Edge
- Profound knowledge core methodologies of architecture management, specification of technical and architectural requirements and enterprise integration patterns
- Good command of scripting languages (Powershell, Bash,..)
- Ability to lead without formal authority and working frictionless with several cross-functional teams.
- Customer focused, confident and articulate with wide experience in stakeholder meetings and presentations
- Certification as Azure Solutions Architect Expert or AWS Solutions Architect Professional
- Fluency in both German and English is a must have requirement
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time