Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Manager (Biological) to join their Healthcare Diagnostics business based at the well-established and modern facility in Llanberis, located next to Snowdonia National Park. The facility manufactures and distributes reagents for in-vitro diagnostic medical devices used in hospitals worldwide to aid the diagnosis of medical conditions.
We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and expertise. We encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows different ideas and approaches to thrive. Find out more here.
As part of our senior leadership team you will use your expertise to lead high profile critical raw material (CRM) manufacturing projects for the Llanberis Site. This role will transition from Project Leader to Operational Leader once the CRM manufacturing projects have completed.
- Project Manage all technical transfers of CRM to the manufacturing facility at Llanberis with delivery to agreed timeline and cost
- Define and execute CRM transfer approach to meet all quality, safety and regulatory policy and procedural requirements
- Provide technical leadership to the CRM Team by oversight and input into technical troubleshooting during process/product transfer through to routine CRM manufacturing operations
- Provide the vision, leadership and organisation required to conduct transferred CRM manufacturing operations and develop the capability to meet future needs, including development of people and organisational structure and processes
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the CRM manufacturing organisation with particular attention to "right first time", "on time delivery" production, "cost of goods" efficiencies and other Departmental KPI's as necessary
- Manage performance by providing regular feedback, coaching, development and learning opportunities to enable employees to reach their full potential using appropriate procedures and management tools
- Operate to high standards of GMP and safety ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and standards applicable health and safety legislation. Ensure that you and all staff responsible to you comply with all company Health and Safety policies and procedures, highlight any real or potential Health and Safety issues and action solutions in a timely manner
- To ensure that staff responsible to you comply, at all times, with the relevant Quality, Environmental Standards and relevant European Directives as documented within our company Quality Management Systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Immunoassay/in-vitro diagnostics at management level from within industry, and understanding of the clinical application of the products
- Experience of working with validation methodologies and principles
- Experience and knowledge of project management and project delivery, process and software
- Experience of leading and developing day to day production processes.
- Experience in the application of analytical tools.
- Ability to work cross site and cross function in the international organisation.
- Post graduate or graduate in a science discipline
Being part of our team:
In Llanberis, Siemens Healthineers is the sole manufacturer of IMMULITE reagents, used in IMMULITE blood analysers to aid the diagnoses and treatment for patients – more information can be found here.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Products Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time