We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
As our new Global Program Quality Manager (PQM) you will enable the Agile Release Trains (ART) in handling process- and quality- compliance issues. You`ll accompany Agile Release Trains on their journey and coach the teams also in Agile related aspects. You make sure that development activities and outcomes comply with all relevant regulations and quality standards, as well as providing the required documentation to prove it.
You will be functionally responsible for a team of local Program Quality Managers an drive key activities and best practice between ARTs and locations.
You act as the domain expert in Agile topics and provides feedback to all relevant stakeholders and foster a culture of continuous improvement as part of Inspect & Adapt. You carry out improvement activities within the ART to eliminate waste where required.
In this role you will be part of R&D Digital Buildings portfolio segment consisting of multiple agile release trains deployed over multiple locations globally. You primary point of contact will be the local teams in Zug with a direct reporting line to the R&D Global Quality Manager in Switzerland.
Your new responsibilities
- Guide multiple Agile teams and support their Agile journey: work with cross-functional, distributed teams to achieve higher levels of agility and drive adoption of best-practices of the agile methodology.
- Drive Technology and Behavior change management, innovation and define new ways of working for customer and internal delivery team
- Train/ facilitate and mentor distributed teams in overall agile/ lean values/ practices and specific frameworks/ methods/ way of working (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, SAFe etc.) to ensure best in class delivery.
- Coach teams through Agile ceremonies, including Iteration Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Refinement, Iteration Demo, Retrospective, and PI Planning - transitioning responsibility to the team over time
- Manage stakeholder expectations to help innovation and ensure the medium- and long-term strategic goals of the organization are achieved.
- Define a set of relevant metrics and ensure the setup of the necessary tooling and data sources to always have an overview of relevant ART / Quality metrics
- Evaluate, describe, and track the NFR compliance topics for each feature and releases to ensure those are addressed for every program increment
- Collaborate with additional stakeholders on an ART specific Quality Plan including Quality targets for functional and compliance topics with according to checkpoints
- Collect and share best practices within the “Community of Experts” and ARTs of various locations, including trainings and refresher sessions for process, agile and IT security topics
- Support in the tracking and resolution of customer escalations as necessary, particularly when related to quality or safety defects
- Drive innovation into the Program Quality Processes leveraging digitalization opportunities
- Ensure that above responsibilities are fully applied by the other Local PQMs in functional responsibility, while providing guidance and support if needed.
Your skills and experience
- Experienced Agile Coach with proven track record and rock solid, hands-on experience with agile/lean transformations and global delivery
- Detailed understanding of Quality Management principles, compliance and problem-solving techniques (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, APQP)
- Solid experience in Agile HW and SW development
- Team player, applied facilitation and mentoring skills, in particular at team and individual level
- Ability to drive a distributed Global PQM organization towards common goals
- Excellent influencing skills, in particular problem solving/troubleshooting activities
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a resilient and flexible manner
- Fluent in English language skills (written, spoken) is a pre-requisite
- Intermediate language skills in German
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either