At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
The Digital Industries Business is looking for our next dynamic Test Engineer for The Test Center in Johnson City, TN. In this role we would like someone who is knowledgeable in industrial automation products and applications.Position Overview
The Test Engineer’s primary responsibilities include system-wide testing, growing knowledge and capabilities in areas pertinent to Test Center activities, and collaborating with Development teams for release quality and timely response to customer problems. The Test Engineer contributes to the resolution of customer problems by investigating reported issues and working with Development teams to resolve those issues.Key Responsibilities
- Work together with fellow Test Center team members to define and execute system-wide test cases based on customer scenarios and workflows
- Investigate customer problem reports with the goal of reproducing issues and working with Development teams on problem resolution
- Record test results in test management system
- Document test procedures
- Report status to Test Center team manager
- Interface with the Test Center team manager to know the current backlog and plans for upcoming projects
- Support Development teams with test assistance/consultation as requested
- Develop positive relationships and maintain connections with customer-facing colleagues
- Stay in sync with the established processes
- Propose and implement continuous improvements to process, test coverage, and test assets
- BS or MS degree in engineering, software development, or other relevant technical field
- 2+ years of experience in relevant technical fields (e.g., application engineering, hardware or software development, or testing)
- Knowledgeable in industrial automation products and applications
- Understanding of the product development process and overall product lifecycle
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with test methodologies and best practices
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with proven problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Able to collaborate with customer-facing colleagues to understand user workflows and applications
- Ability to interact efficiently with colleagues at all levels
- Strong collaboration skills in a global development environment
- Strong training/mentoring skills
- Clear written and verbal communications
- Limited domestic and international travel (<5%)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.