Whether it involves guaranteed availability, maximized throughput, or the implementation of new business models, Digital Services from Siemens Mobility provides our customers with the key. From sensor technology to intelligent algorithms and precise analytics, we offer a complete foundation for optimized operation – further supported by the decades of practical experience of our experts in rail service. Digital Services are based on the powerful platform architecture from Siemens. More than 300,000 devices and systems that meet the latest IT security standards are already connected to this Application Suite. Based on this foundation, we further improved our Mobility Application Suite for our customers, and it will allow them to get even more out from their systems.
We seek to hire an Associate Project Manager with a consistent track record of working on sophisticated digital projects involving rail, aerospace, or other heavy industrial assets. This role is responsible for supporting the execution of digitalization and information technology projects.
What you will be doing:
· Leading the IT systems deployment during all phases of the initiative, including planning, design, implementation, system tests, integration, and customer acceptance.
· Leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost, and schedule.
· Supporting the technical architect team in design review activities for conceptual, preliminary, and final design.
· Supporting the Delivery of head-on project status updates for the overall program based on the customer.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
· Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing our milestone methodology), information technology delivery, and acceptance.
· Lead strategic project activities for technology implementation and train acceptance.
· Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and transparent fashion.
· Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal/external stakeholders.
· Support the Quality Assurance team in testing, creating use cases.
What you bring to the table:
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
· Five years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in technology projects in the rail environment, or heavy industrial manufacturing
· Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills
· Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration
· Solid presentation skills.
· Primavera/MS Office suite tools proficient
· Proven skills in enhancing the passenger experience
· Ability to travel to customer sites in support of the project
We would be impressed if you had:
· Project Management experience with rail technology initiatives
· Five years of experience in the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery
· Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, information technology
· Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
· Understanding and experience of Agile implementations is a plus.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Associate Project Manager, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.