Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Senior Data Scientist (f/m/d) for Medical Technology, to enrich and then analyze data using different types of algorithms such as predictive modeling or machine learning.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will conduct exploratory data analyses in high dimensions and with high volumes with different kinds of data, e. g. machine data (sensor data and log files), process-related data or textual data
- You will develop and test prototypes independently in an industrial environment, and validate and communicate results to answer business-relevant questions
- Furthermore, you will develop reusable analytic models, configure and deploy algorithms, select optimal tools and define visualization methods/tools to display results
- You will validate, operationalize and maintain such models on a data analytics platform
- You will maintain a network of business experts and subject experts to understand business analytics requirements and identify data-driven business opportunities
- You will also drive and shape the data science innovation field in the business area
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/products-services
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have completed a university degree in mathematics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or engineering sciences
- You can demonstrate many years of relevant professional experience in the area of data exploration and data science
- You have very solid technical expertise in technologies, algorithms and methodologies in the areas of big data, data mining, machine learning and natural language processing
- You are an expert in big data analytics and analytics with structured and unstructured data. Experience in Azure big data technologies is beneficial
- You have extensive knowledge of using and extending analytical tools and systems, e.g. Python, Spark, Teradata, or similar data analytics workbenches
Your attributes and skills:
- You work in an international environment and are therefore fluent in English; good German skills are highly desired
- With your ability to apply analytical rigor and statistical methods, you help to optimize products and understand the behavior of customers
- With your strong presentation and communication skills, you are able to present technical and business-relevant insights at different levels of the organization
- We lead by being lean - just like us, you have the ability to question our processes and continue to improve them, and you take responsibility for doing so
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 65,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for all new hires by their start date. (Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons).
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.