DI FA is the global market leader in Factory Automation technologies and systems. To further support that leading position, DI FA is setting up a new agile Business Line with focus on Advanced Robotics.
We are looking for a Business Line Manager to setup, establish and lead a comprehensive team of entrepreneurs in an agile environment with high affinity for technologies, entrepreneurship, curiousness and excellent multinational leadership and communication skills.
Machines and production systems are moving towards autonomous systems and robotics is a key element in that direction. Advanced robotics and cobot systems are key components of the highly automated, self-controlled factory of the future.
Mission is to define, develop and integrate an Advanced Robotics platform in co-creation approach with OEMs, automation/robot customers and suppliers for the global market. This includes the development of a Go to Market concept with marketing and business model as well.
What are my responsibilities?
- Managing a multinational and partially remote team setup of system architects, developers, product and project managers, application engineers, business developers and marketing expert
- Identify/assess advanced robotics technology areas and players with potential impact on future automation, incl. also trends/needs from growing/emerging industries and potential offerings, i.e. to venture in new verticals
- Strategic market research and intelligence for robotic technologies, combined with technology/innovation mgmt. (e.g., existent/new trends)
- Proactively initiate, coordinate/facilitate, develop and implement a global Advanced Robotics platform with full responsibility up to project results' implementation within Siemens and beyond via e.g., Start-ups/Joint-Ventures
- Align platform development with related/affected further FA product/portfolio developments
- Realization of use cases/pilots in a co-creation approach with OEMs, automation/robot customers and suppliers in line with Factory Automation interests (incl. marketability/business plan)
- Managing work with internal and external stakeholders such as customers, universities, institutes, start-ups etc.
- Present on executive level / Siemens top management
- Contribute new Advanced Robotics portfolio ideas with concrete commercialization potential
- Provide leadership guidance and development support to related global and remote cross teams/individuals
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Previous roles incl. senior/mid-level mgmt. such as General Management position
- Master degree/above, 5+ years job-experience incl. project mgmt./execution
- Track record with entrepreneurial exposure/mindset and excellent
business acumen (e.g., biz.-model/case development)
- Background in automation or robot/cobot market, exposure to innovation mgmt.
- Familiarity with (new) product/software development methods (e.g., SCRUM)
- Experience in management/personal development of teams and individuals
- High technical affinity, curious on new technologies
- Out of the box" thinking, good conceptual skills
- Growth mindset
- Ability to independently work in agile environments
- Well-structured, robust analytical skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Very good intercultural sensitivity and experience
- Professional proficiency in English & Mandarin (oral & written)
What else do I need
Siemens Industry Automation is the leading provider in the fields of automation systems, industrial controls and industrial software worldwide. Its portfolio ranges from standard products for the manufacturing and process industries to solutions for whole industrial sector that encompass automotive, chemicals, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, electronics, battery, glass and solar, as well as water and wastewater.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time