Commercial Project Manager (EPS Sales & Execution) UK
Within Siemens Smart Infrastructure, the Energy Performance and Services (EPS) team designs and develops Energy Management Programs for its major Industrial and Infrastructure customers. Based on a strategic analysis, these programs articulate turnkey projects and services enabling our clients to drastically improve their energy performance and environmental impact.
We’re looking to empower people who are driven by excellence, ingenuity, and responsibility; eager to develop by taking on these exciting challenges and contribute to this growing team in the UK. Is this you? We invite you to join our team!
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
As Commercial Project Manager (CPM), you will be responsible for the completion of all project commercial and financial related matters throughout the entire project life cycle (including sales, planning, forecasting, controlling, performance measurement, commercial administration and reporting.
Your primary contacts include EPS UK management, Sales Managers, Project Managers (PMs), Energy Engineers, Customers, Suppliers, Procurement Managers, Performance Controlling Department, Legal Department, CF Tax, Financial Services, other Finance/BA colleagues, Risk Management, Country management, internal & external Auditors, as well as other Support Functions.
You will be given the opportunity to:
Manage the project throughout the entire Life Cycle (from bid phase till end of execution)
• Drive own empowerment with adequate signature authorisation and project target KPIs to manage the project as commercial project entrepreneur – primary projects to be worked categorized as “C” projects (project target size over 0.5M€).
• During sales phase, lead (together with the Sales Manager) all commercial aspects of the bid: contract analysis, cost calculation, cashflow projections, business models, financing concepts, risks and opportunities, foreign exchange risks, bonds, terms of payment, credit rating, insurances, taxes, non-technical requirements, compliance, etc.
• Ensure an adequate management of sales phase (incl. handover), analyse customers’ requirements, examine their commercial and contractual feasibility and transferability, incl. ECC and logistics matters (if applicable).
• Relationship management for your area of responsibility with key external and internal stakeholders (i.e. customers, consortium partners, Management, Legal, CF, SFS, etc.).
• Handle external commercial bid documents (e.g. bid bonds, power of attorney, certifications, legalisations and other customer specific documents) and prepare, present, and acquire commercial sales/bid process approvals (i.e. LoA) and respective quality gates (if applicable).
• Support the Sales Manager in driving and optimising targeted financial results with due professional care (e.g. project gross profit, cash flow, assets, and financing instruments).
• Participate in negotiation of commercial customer Terms and Conditions and consortium contracts with the applicable guidelines, and drive the review and evaluation of all attachments, in coordination with the relevant departments (e.g. Legal, SFS, Taxes, etc.).
• Lead Procurement together with the PM by timely involving the responsible Project Procurement Manager to ensure that the purchase orders are based on the best available bids and are within the set budget.
• Ensure consistent Terms and Conditions with suppliers/subcontractors in accordance with the end-customer contract. Supports Project Manager in the selection and involvement of partners / subcontractors.
• Coordinate other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurances, taxes, sureties) to achieve contract commitments.
• Direct the compliance to standards, rules and regulations of project members (sales & execution) to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity (e.g. adherence of tax regulations, Signature rights, segregation of duties, EHS), Legal and Compliance, HR, external auditors, etc.
• Act as a sparring partner to the PM and challenging them to ensure Project Quality based on PM@Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals (Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.). Lead the customer's requirements and expectations with the PM.
• Handle risks, contractual and claim aspects during project development together with Sales Manager by ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines for commercial aspects, e.g. risk management process.
• Together with the PM organisation, proactively set up an effective Contract and Claim management in the project, including involvement and cooperation with the assigned Contract Manager or Legal expert when needed.
• Implement and drive measures together with the PM to leverage opportunities to improve the project performance, e.g. through claims and variation management relating to the scope of the project.
• Obtain verification and approval of variations prior to submittal to the customer ensuring appropriate costing and pricing in accordance with PM@Siemens Guidelines.
• Provide insights of project performance to management.
• Influence team to take positive action and accountability for the assigned work.
• Take responsibility of document control of assigned projects to ensure appropriate audit trails are maintained.
Handle Project Finance
• Ensure the accuracy of cost and pricing calculation as well as overall project books and records (incl. WBS structure in line with agreed project budget and contractual arrangements), in appropriate systems (e.g. SAP, PMCT, etc.)
• Take responsibility for full compliance of project accounting and reporting with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements, as well as overall compliance with internal controls, export control, signature authorities.
• Ensure the correctness of the financial project set up and a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule for the offered scope during the sales phase and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
• Implement and closely monitor revenue recognition: actual vs plan, degree of completion, cost to complete, total forecasted costs vs planned.
• Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling, applicable requirements for month end activities, reconciliation of project cash flow, constant deviation analysis. Ensure data integrity between SAP back-end and specific front-end tools (e.g. PMCT).
• Timely issue customer invoices in close coordination with PMs, keeping a strong focus on managing Account Receivables and Project Cash Flow. Actively communicate with customer's commercial representatives and/or suppliers solving of commercial issues.
• Ensure the application and the continuous management of financial models, guarantees, bonds, and project securities, if applicable.
• Constantly assess risks and opportunities, and their impact either in the risk register and/or in the gross margin and propose measures to prevent negative margin slippage due to risks that could be fully or partially mitigated.
• Identify, minimise non-conformance costs, and establish a proper reporting structure; support the implementation of lessons learned into own project and the organisation in general.
• Prepare commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the accuracy of the commercial project data (i.e. FC, cash flow).
• Report functionally to EPS UK FIN BA Head.
• Provide adhoc support to the BA Head on commercial and financial topics to get an appreciation and visibility of the entire Business Unit.
• Support the Finance Head of the business in driving and optimising financial results of the business unit with due professional skill and care.
We are looking for super minds, with the following experience:
• BS/BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or related academic field
• Experience in a position such as Commercial Project Manager, Project Controller, Contract Administrator or equivalent in a directly related industry with case study examples of projects you have worked on
• Project Business acumen, customer focus and results-driven approach
• Excellent communication skills in English (written & spoken), willing to work in a multicultural and international business environment
• MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and SAP experience
• Excellent analytical skills, proactive decision making and problem-solving
• Highly self-motivated team player with demonstrated skills to work effectively in a collaborative environment. Flexibility to work many midsize projects.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and thrive under pressure to meet time constraints
• Capability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions
• Willingness to travel within the UK when required
• ‘C’ Project management experience, Siemens CPM Certification (C), PMP Certification is a plus
• Further education in Accounting or Business Administration
• Excellent knowledge of contract management, procurement contracts, invoicing milestones, payments terms and securities
• Successful experience analysing and developing business models
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time