At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a Sr. Applications Engineer with Siemens EDA’s Systems East Team, you will support consultative sales efforts at the world’s leading semiconductor and electronic equipment manufacturers.
As a Sr. Applications Engineer at Siemens EDA, your primary responsibility is to secure technical design wins for Siemens EDA's product and service offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for driving sales and adoption of our core PCB authoring, Simulation/Analysis and Data Management products.
Activities will include delivering technical presentations, conducting product demonstrations, competing in benchmarks, and winning evaluations. You will also participate in the development of account sales strategies leading to market share gains for Siemens EDA.
Your territory coverage will consist of Accounts located in Canada, with occasional work in the United States.
You will be responsible for collaborating with peers located all over the world and communicating essential status updates to a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
The successful candidate:
- Exhibits PCB design competency
- Has a BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- A Masters degree is preferred
- Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in PCB Design
- Data management system and/or PLM experience is preferred
- Has experience scripting/programming in Python and/or VBScript
- Experience with Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, EM & SPICE circuit analysis tools is preferred
- Prior experience as an Applications Engineer is preferred
- Exhibits a passion to learn and perform at the cutting edge of technology
- Has the desire to broaden exposure to the business aspects of technical sales
- Enjoys contributing to the success of a great team
- Possesses strong public speaking skills and the ability to steer dialog in a crowded room
- Can deliver, influence, and execute go-to-market strategies
- Possesses a demonstrated ability to build strong rapport and credibility with customer organizations while maintaining an internal network of contacts
Moderate travel is required (approximately 25%).
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Siemens EDA elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.