We make real what matters
Smart Infrastructure, Building Products with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with our 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management.
The digitalization of buildings is in full progress and led to a stronger position and higher recognized value of software, and especially cloud solutions for the future of building products. The initial phases of setting up basic cloud offerings and connecting buildings were successfully mastered and thus our teams focus now on the next levels of improving and growing offerings within a service-oriented eco-system. The latter is in the responsibility of a global cloud architecture team that drives ideas formulated as portfolio epics to globally deployed cloud services.
Your new responsibilities
This challenging role is within the global team responsible for the architecture and the ecosystem of cloud-based offerings revolving around digital buildings. “Energy management” or “Building Operations” are, for instance, two of the major application domains of our smart building suite. The main task is to understand needs from those diverse applications and to translate and drive them into cloud-based offerings fully compatible and combinable with all our other offerings. The role’s responsibility covers understanding requirements, architecting, designing and governing implementation of cloud application concepts, as well as the technical coordination and guidance of several scrum teams.
Technology and Innovation
- Responsible for guiding refactorings and innovations of various applications into cloud offerings
- Responsible for architecting cloud services concept aligned with cloud enterprise architecture
- Responsible for governing the implementation of cloud services
- Act as the leader with respect to technologies, process, or tools.
- Drive and govern the implementation of cloud services
- Develop, communicate and document your solutions within a global program and with various stakeholders, including your peers of lead architects responsible for different parts of the ecosystem
- Inspire others and be pragmatically oriented.
Your skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is a proven software and system architect with experience in applying cloud concepts and technologies to offer business application at a larger scale. Additionally, the candidate is used to take the lead in continuously improving those aspects with an agile mindset, as well as to working with agile processes (SAFe framework).
- A successfully completed bachelor’s or master’s in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent degree or practical experience).
- 5+ years of experience as system and software architect in a large, agile environment
- A solid background in software engineering, devops practices, and deployment architectures
- Several years of practical experience with cloud technologies with a focus on deployment, security, and operations
- In-depth experience with services of major cloud platforms (ideally includes AWS services), container orchestration (e.g., managed Kubernetes), and pipeline management (e.g., Gitlab, Terraform)
- Experience in building automation, Internet or Web of Things (IoT/WoT) would be of advantage
- Great analytical and conceptual thinking
- Ability to contribute and collaborate in interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to map system concepts onto realizable technologies or solutions.
- Skill in clearly communicating complex facts to various stakeholders and choosing adequate documentation styles.
- Highly proficient English spoken and written completes your personal profile, speaking German is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either