Presales Solution Consultant III
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As part of the software sales team, participate in the sales process to facilitate sales of software. Engage with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high level requirements. Utilizing knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, support product and solution positioning by preparing and delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed solutions to customers using standard material. Speak with authority on our customer's business issues, and how SISW can improve their business. Support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and proposal development for customer process improvement which ensure the interoperability and effectiveness of the overall solution within the context of the customer's business. Works on projects/assignments of diverse scope. Typically works under minimal supervision on assignment/projects.
Job Profile/Position Overview –
- As part of the MOM Presales team, participate in the sales process to facilitate sales of software. Engage with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high-level requirements.
- Utilizing knowledge of customer business needs, engineering and manufacturing processes, support product and solution positioning by preparing and delivering demonstrations of the technical capabilities of the proposed solutions to customers using standard material.
- Speak with authority on our customer's business issues, and how SISW can improve their business.
- Support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and proposal development for customer process improvement.
- Works on projects/assignments of diverse scope. Typically works under minimal supervision on assignment/projects.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of the Manufacturing Operations Management space
- Develops a strong functional knowledge of the Siemens Opcenter Portfolio
- Help sales team with discovery phase of the sales process
- Creates custom demonstrations, when necessary
- Support account managers in sales effort
- Attends trade shows
- Responds to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Lead and deliver software demonstrations to clients
- Conduct “site survey assessments” to document current state, challenges with current state and map to be state for clients
- Understand and explain the value of the solution stack to clients
NOTE: Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the USA. Applicants currently must be legally authorized for employment in the USA.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in/with Manufacturing Operations Management software systems, as software consultant or system end user
- Must be open to an average of 30% - 50% travel, mostly domestic
- Must be able to work remote (virtual office)
- Must have self-learning abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or software engineering-related
The following requirements are a plus:
- Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) doing individual contributor work.
- Good presentation skills to a wide variety of audience
- Technical skills such as knowledge of relational databases
- Report writing skills with PowerBI and Tableu
- Knowledge of Opcenter Execution
- Understand and working experience with newer big data technologies, IoT experience
- Previous job with similar responsibilities
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.