At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Cloud Security Operations Engineer
The Siemens DI SW Cloud Security Operations team is looking for a passionate Cloud Security Operations Engineer to secure the next generation of PLM software products running in the cloud. As a key member of the Digital Industries Software Organization, you will have the unique opportunity to shape, build, and operate cloud security infrastructure supporting SaaS product offerings from Siemens while getting hands on experience with many Siemens PLM products.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is
embraced, and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, everyone can positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on many products and software changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
The person in this role, will be working closely with other internal personnel to secure and maintain the
infrastructure systems hosting Siemens cloud security services and apps. You will analyze, implement and validate strategies for continuous security integration, build, test and deployment to Amazon Web Services or other cloud provider infrastructure while ensuring high availability on production and non-production systems.
The person in this role implements and maintains automated, dynamic environments to support the needs of the Cloud Security Operations teams and collaborates with technical team members to develop deployment strategies for existing and new types of development and operations services, while leading the enablement of processes and teams. The person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team along with other security engineers, and will participate a daily scrum meeting, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team.
Job tasks include:
- Hands-on analysis, development and troubleshooting of highly distributed large-scale cloud production systems and event-driven, cloud-based services
- Primarily Linux Administration, managing a fleet of Linux and Windows VMs as part of the cloud security infrastructure
- Ownership of reliability, up time, system security, cost, operations, capacity and performance-analysis
- Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with the business, Technology teams and product owners to establish key service level indicators.
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability, and transparency of our infrastructure automation
- Support on-call rotations for operational duties that have not been addressed with automation
- Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes to improve the visibility of our applications' performance and business metrics and keep operational workload in-check.
- Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation to aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
- Develop, communicate, collaborate, and monitor standard processes to promote the long-term health and sustainability of operational development tasks.
- Participate in technical training events, game day scenarios, and professional conferences
- Uptime and availability of the Cloud Security Operations teams Splunk Security Information and Event Management platform
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience; MIS or related field and MBA is a plus.
- 3+ years of demonstrated expertise building and managing highly scaled production infrastructure in the cloud (AWS required; GCP, Azure, OpenStack a plus)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent, demonstrated process management skills; project and goal oriented
- Personable, approachable, and readily accepting of change; able to work cohesively with a variety of talented individuals within the organization
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in system administration, application development, infrastructure development or related areas
- 3+ years of reading, understanding and writing code to support the cloud systems AWS Solutions Architect certification
- 2+ years of experience in Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform and CloudFormation is a plus
- 2+ years of Splunk administration experience
- Versatility with troubleshooting diverse sets of hosting technologies strongly desired. These include web server platforms, application platforms, operating systems, network components, virtualization technologies, storage, and database platforms
- Expertise with Lean/Agile deployment processes (Blue/Green, ZDT, Canary, load balancers/DNS strategies A/B test, feature flagging methodologies)
- Familiarity with site and infrastructure monitoring systems (e.g. Xymon, ELK, Grafana)
- Ability to design and manage escalation response plans from monitoring, react, respond, remediate and retrospect in culturally aligned (proactive, customer focused, collaborative, data-driven) ways
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.