How can you help us craft the future as a Group Leader in the Switchboard area?
We are looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow by joining our manufacturing team! In this role you will work and lead in 1st shift.
What are the responsibilities?
- Coordinates employees to fulfill the schedule of work
- Responsible for the Cross Training actions defined by the Supervisor, including updating the matrix.
- Realize SAP transactions before, during and after the production process.
- Update reports and files required for the calculation of metrics / measurements of the area.
- Identify and report any issue impacting the area production. Proactively approaches the points of contact for those departments and forges a working relationship to resolve them.
- Leads the CIP Team / Projects by empowering the team for ownership.
- Make sure 5S, 7 Wastes and other Lean principles are applied in the team / area.
- Empower team and actively takes part in the cleaning of equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes documents using of computers, associated with the manufacture of products (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Back up for Supervisor when needed.
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What knowledge/skills, education, and experience is required for this position?
- High School Diploma required, state recognized GED or state recognized high school proficiency exam
- Knowledge on all operations in the area, material flow and SAP transactions
- Knowledge of Switchboard product and processes.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills in an dynamic environment
- Experience in empowering the team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material and make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.