Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position performs commercial security system commissioning, service, and maintenance, ensuring that all systems and components are inspected, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. The right candidate will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position reports to the local Supervisor and takes direction from a mentor and the Lead Technician.
- Commission fire and security systems, including loading software programs and implementing modifications.
- Document commissioning details; communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Conduct testing and inspection of systems under maintenance agreement.
- Respond to and complete system troubleshooting and repairs.
- Identify code and non-conformance issues.
- Quote small repair jobs; provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators and sales personnel for large repair projects.
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technician, and Team Leader.
- Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material.
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs.
- Submit accurate time and expense logs.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Hours may vary from time to time depending on Customer needs. (On call, after normal business hours, and sometimes even regular work times may vary; schedule adjustments may be necessary on occasion to accommodate the customers’ requirements for access.)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- Experience installing and servicing security systems required—with additional fire & life safety system experience preferred
- Software House C-CURE experience or certification highly desired but not required. Training opportunities will be scheduled as needed to fill the position’s needs
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Level II certification or obtain within 12 months of hire to retain position
- Must be able to sit for the Oregon LEA and Washington 06 test and receive license/certifications within six months of hire to retain position. (Necessary for performing certain work in respective areas)
- Understanding of network components
- Understanding of basic workstation and server operating system management
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have excellence customer-facing and customer service skills
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require support or sponsorship from Siemens to begin or continue working in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.