Together we are driving Mobility forward. We electrify, automate and digitalize. Join us and help us make real what matters.
We are currently looking for an Aesthetics Technician to join our Northam depot in Southampton. As an Aesthetics Technician, you will undertake maintenance and repair of all aspects of the internal and external aesthetics, ensuring that all work carried out meets customer requirements to the specified standard, including all painting and polishing operations, vinyl application and general replacement tasks. You will also be responsible for train presentation exams.
This role is offered on a 12-hour shift basis (mostly days) and will include night shift cover at short notice.
What are your responsibilities?
- Undertake remedial body-side and minor damage repair work of rolling stock including all types of paint application, mixing and spraying and specialist repairs
- Undertake aesthetics examinations in accordance with the Aesthetics Exam regime
- Undertake minor vinyl repairs and application
- Carry out internal and external repairs in accordance with the company standards
- Assist other team members with the development of painting and technical skills
- Undertake any other duties as and when required
What knowledge and experience will you need in this role?
- Someone who has completed a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent in the appropriate field such as a vehicle body maker or coach builder
- Carpet fitting experience preferred
- Experience in all types of paint application, mixing and spraying
- Someone with relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Someone who understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Safety critically assessed
Due to the requirements to follow legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time