Mode of Employment: Limited
Use your knowledge as a springboard.
The holistic allocation of multiple energy carriers within a local multi-modal energy system is a promising concept for a climate-neutral energy supply of the future. In such systems, the balancing of generation and load across sectors is a difficult challenge which can be handled using local multi-modal energy markets. In addition to various flexibility options, such as energy storage systems and load shifting, restrictions on the physical capacities of the power system are considered in the solution of the market algorithm.
The goal of this thesis is to investigate various energy systems models and integrate them into an existing market algorithm. Following that, the impact of the models on the market outcomes will be evaluated. Furthermore, adequate modeling of the energy system allows for further investigations, such as innovative market products and interactions between market participants.
Change the future with us.
- First, you will conduct some extensive literature research on energy systems for sector coupling and local energy markets.
- At a further stage of your work you will compare and analyze different modeling approaches for district heating systems.
- The implementation of the modeling approaches in an existing market algorithm will also be a part of your thesis.
- The evaluation of the result based on given scenarios will be the final step of your thesis.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You are currently enrolled in a Master's program in engineering (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy engineering, ...), computer science, natural sciences, or a related field.
- You have strong interest in current energy research topics and the energy transition.
- Knowledge of C# and/or Python will be considered an advantage.
- Basic experience in the field of Operations Research is a plus.
- Good written and oral skills in both German and English complete your profile.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
if you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time