We are currently recruiting for a Stores Coordinator to join us in Siemens Mobility in Edinburgh to monitor and maintain stock levels of materials and be responsible for record keeping of material requisitions, goods receipt, returns and identifying stock for quarantine, as well as managing the calibration cycle for specialised tools. Part of your role will be to ensure supplier documentation and deliveries are complete, investigate any discrepancies, take charge of handling material repairs, returns and scrapping.
What are your responsibilities?
- Packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programme, to support timely handling of work orders.
- Loading and unloading of trucks in a safe manner, to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without any damage and in line with manual handling guidelines.
- Monitor and manage tools and materials that are subject to statutory inspection and/or calibration.
- Ensure that only equipment with the necessary statutory / calibration certification is issued and used.
- Complete regular stock checks, making visual checks and testing storage conditions such as temperature, humidity and storage environment or weight, size, type of goods stored, to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary, to enable to take corrective action at an early stage.
- Initiation of material replenishment requisitions and creation of parts on the maintenance management system
- Ensure that goods are picked in accordance with work order reservations to ensure that they are supplied in good time to the technical team.
- Ensure the integrity of the stores area is always maintained.
- Undertake ad hoc technician duties as required.
- Maintaining Material Safety Datasheets and COSHH assessments for relevant materials stored.
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Full clean UK driving licence is essential due to the need to pick up goods and materials from other locations
- Forklift truck licence is desirable but not essential as training will be given
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment is desirable
- Knowledge of warehouse processes is desirable
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are motivated and can work well on your own and a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Some knowledge of logistical IT tools and methods
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time