Siemens Mobility is looking for a Project Engineer in Rail Electrification Infrastructures, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will be responsible to development Railways solution for Italian market.
In this role you will involve in projects from the bid phase through to customer acceptance. You will perform project activities. You will also supervise, advise and empower the project during its execution and warranty.
In addition, you will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion. This role will involve extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, procurement, manufacturing, and other members of multi-functional teams.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally!
What will you manage in the short term?
- Lead project activities, operating and technical interface with the customer (which includes internal and external resources)
- Plan, execute and control hardware and software engineering activities on Rail Systems, both at Siemens premises and directly at the customer sites
- Guarantee the proper execution of the projects in terms of quality, on time delivery, and project budget
- Support external suppliers on HW/SW engineering and documentation
- Lead and execute internal tests and factory acceptance tests
- Participate in the commissioning and in technical site assistance
- Provide technical support to the sales unit for the development of proposals of revamping/upgrades and spare parts
- Travel to Customer sites is required.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- at least 5 years’ experience in the design of substations and SSE, in HV / MV, including SSE for conversion and 3kVcc distribution, on Rail Infrastructure
- Experience on Siemens Products and Solution
- Technical Diploma or Master Degree in Engineering, with preference for Electrical or Electronic engineering;
- Registered in the orders of Italian Engineers
- Good background and attitude in Information technology solutions applied to industrial applications, in order to actively support the ongoing process of digitalization of the provided services and of development of advanced services proposals, including remote support and diagnostics
- Availability to travel for short or medium duration missions at local and international level
- Excellent result orientation
- Safety culture aware – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice
- Supportive of a consistent companywide approach to continuous improvement
- To take responsibility for facilitating cross disciplinary Engineering activity in complex, innovative and commercially challenging environments
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers
- Must be willing to fill gaps in own knowledge and experience through taking a pro-active approach to learning, and seeking information from within and outside the company
What can we further offer?
· A flexible way of working: Smartworking.
· Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are recognized.
· An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training.
· Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family.
· Health insurance that can be extended to your family.
· Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance.
· Meal totally paid by the company.
· Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, offering equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing, and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time