Siemens Industry, Customer Services Division, Motion Control segment is currently looking for a machine tool retrofit application engineer candidate to provide application engineering and execution services at customer sites to support the Machine Tool upgrade and retrofit portfolio. This is an individual contributor customer facing role responsible for the execution of the retrofit and upgrade portfolios. The position reports to the Customer Service, Motion Control Solution Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for successful execution of machine tool retrofit projects at end user locations
- Responsible for machine tool retrofit/upgrade evaluation, design, oversight of detailed electrical design, software/PLC development, factory acceptance testing, oversight of site removal and installation activities, commissioning, and customer training.
- Develop custom solutions to meet customer requirements for the retrofit and upgrades project work.
- May manage sub-contractors and monitor delivery.
- Provide field service support to customers on site as needed
- Provide scheduled and emergency support remotely and onsite.
- Diagnoses, clarifies, and resolves technical problems.
- Clarifies events, analyses traces and diagnostic information, provides information about findings to solve the issue and provides guidance for the next steps
- Create reports and status updates of project status
- Report time to projects for accurate capture of project work both on site and preparation.
- Use escalation strategy to assist customers.
- Conducting pre-sale activities and reviews including customer visits, evaluation of opportunities, machine assessment and recommendations, part processing recommendations and support the development of turnkey proposal
- Supports sales by identifying potential additional business and providing leads to sales engineer.
- Develop working relationships with business developers, sales channel, proposal management team, field service, and solution partners
- Provide forward looking recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive increased profitability and excellent customer service.
- Maintain awareness of competitor plans, trends and technologies.
- Marketing/PR support at events i.e., tradeshows.
- The role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience and
expertise working with and proving technical support of Siemens Machine Tool
- Understanding of machining
- Mechanical knowledge of CNC Equipment
- Knowledge of basic G-code programming language, machine function and CAD/CAM software
- Understand specific M-codes for CNC equipment (machine specific)
- Understand G-code programming using variables
- Knowledge of 5-axis machining technology preferred
- PLC step 7 and TIA programming
- PLC to CNC interface knowledge
- CNC programming with system variables for cycle development
- HMI development using WinCC, WinCC flexible, Easy Screen, HMI Pro.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot high precision CNC equipment.
- Shall be trained and be proficient in the programming, startup, testing, and troubleshooting of the Siemens SINUMERIK controller and associated products
- Previous experience performing machine tool electrical design, drawings, wiring, and troubleshooting.
- Previous experience with planning, engineering, implementation, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting of CNC upgrade and retrofit projects
- Shall be trained and be proficient in Ethernet and Industrial Networks
- Arc-Flash and NFPA70
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly to peers and management
- Ability to establish relationships, build teamwork in a matrix environment
- Up to 75% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelors' degree in Technical field preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of degree. High School degree or equivalent is required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.