Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle on customer sites. The right candidate will estimate, track, start up and commission projects, and will be the customer interface for all technical requirements.
- Attend internal kick off meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
- Prepare Bill of Materials and Sequences of Operations documents to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents. Prepare Equipment Submittals, Shop Drawings and Schedules to include electrical calculations, camera lens selection, conduit fills, power supply sizing.
- Implement and troubleshoot Security Access Control, Video Systems, Intrusion and Intercom systems for buildings
- Verify floorplan drawings showing device locations, device wiring details, riser diagrams and panel mounting elevations. Ensure design consistency and document any scope gaps.
- Develop efficient solutions for unexpected field conditions. Need to be able to detail the components necessary to implement proposed solution.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues, including identifying any issues with cabling, hardware, networking, installation or communication problems.
- Organize and maintain job documentation. Prepare engineering re-estimate reports.
- Value Engineer product selection to meet a performance specification.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Coordinate work with subcontractors.
- Extensive driving may be required to service our clients. Locations may vary daily.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional proven design experience for the following access control system components: Access Control Panels, Card Readers (Proximity, Keypad, Biometric, Wireless, Bluetooth LE, OSDP), Door Lock Power Supplies and Locking hardware (mag-lock, electric strike, electric mortise, delayed egress), request-to-exit devices (manual and passive infrared), and for the following Video system components: IP cameras (Fixed, PTZ, 180-deg, 360-deg), Camera Mounts (ceiling, wall, pendant, parapet, indoor/outdoor), power-over-ethernet (PoE) and coaxial conversion, Server Storage (DAS, SAN, iSCSI)
- Experience in installing and/or servicing Access Control, VMS, CCTV, Intrusion, and Intercom equipment; 3 - 7+ years preferred (Preferred certifications in CCURE, Milestone, Genetec, Bosch, Aiphone, Axis, Hanwha)
- Proven Design experience with Network Layer 1 Transmission technologies, with Network Layer 2 Vlans, with Network Layer 3 Routing, with Network Bandwidth load calculations, with VM and Redundant Server configurations, with Camera FOV and Pixel per foot calculations
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, BlueBeam
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associate degree preferred
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.