Role: Lead System and Network Administrator
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Lead System Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
What part will you play!
- As a Lead System and Network Administrator you will be single handedly responsible for managing the Data Center for a Siemens Product R&D group at Noida, India and will also support some US Data Center requests during India day time. Apart from data center management some other key responsibilities will be LAN and WIFI network management, internet services providers, hardware assets and software license management,
- Maintain Vmware vsphere,vcenter, vhorizon and upgradation to new version and Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers and infrastructure.
- Administer Windows Domain Servers (DNS / WINS / DHCP).
- Troubleshoot network issues across multiple global LANs
- Manage corporate policies to ensure that network and domain level security are consistent with company standards
- Perform installations, modifications and repairs on workstation in Vmware, cloud or remote datacenter.
- Maintaining Windows and Linux virtual servers in local and US and India datacenters and cloud locations.
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot network switches, routers, firewalls and VPN
- Create and manage schedules, resources and IT initiatives and budgets.
- Procure, Monitor, Maintain and deploy Linux Systems.
- Work with Oracle DBA’s to provide storage and Server resources
- Develop internal metrics and SLAs and regularly track and report on them
- Procurement of hardware and software, while managing software licenses.
- Maintain Backup and Recovery operations and manage support contracts, accurate hardware and software inventory, as well as oversee user accounts and passwords across IT systems
- End user technical support of internal users, consultants, and customers
- Work seamlessly with US IT team and prepare change requests as needed for India data center.
- Maintain Infosec compliance across projects.
- Coordination with Central IT and point of contact for any IT communication roll out.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate -BE/BTech/MCA in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 8 years’ experience in IT administration.
- In depth knowledge of the UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Storage systems experience (NAS, SAN, RAID, etc)
- Solid knowledge of the Internet (TCP/IP, WWW, FTP, SMTP, TELNET, SSH, etc) and Intranets required.
- Hands on experience in setting up medium sized networks, comfortable with routing protocols, QOS and wireless solutions.
- Experience managing VMware virtualization technologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot client issues and serve as an escalation point for problems
- Proven track record of demonstrating good judgment in applying IT principles across workload and selecting appropriate methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- A background supporting remote access using SSL and IPSec VPNs x Experience managing Windows and Unix network components (WINS,DHCP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Active Directory)
- Experience in Cisco, HP 10G and Brocade switches, Cisco ASA/Juniper SSG/Juniper SRS and Atlassian products JIRA, Confluence and Crowd is a plus.
- Creativity in developing solutions to resolve technical and business issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across an international team
- Ability to constantly organize and prioritize with great attention to detail
- Be a driven team player who is self-motivated, independent and proactive leader and strong interpersonal and customer service skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Noida. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time