What do we do at Siemens Mobility Engineering?
We have about 350 colleagues in the Czech Republic. Together we develop innovative products for the rolling stock. In addition, we work on global projects, from the definition of requirements, over SW/HW and mechanics development, to cross-sectional topics at the vehicle-wide level.
If sustainable transport and the related state-of-the-art solutions resonate with you, you're the one we're looking for! 🚅♻😉
We impact the lives of hundreds of thousands of passengers every day. You can travel on our fully automated metro in Vienna or use our high-speed trains on the direct line between London and Amsterdam. You can also encounter the fastest loco in the world, Taurus, on Czech rails.
By creating energy-efficient zero-emission transport systems, we contribute to fulfilling the Czech Republic's, European Union's and global commitments related to energy, climate, and the environment. The development projects in the Czech Republic also include battery- or hydrogen-driven vehicles.
What will be the benefits provided by your role?
The main aspects of our rolling stock's development clearly include the high safety of our products. That is why fire safety is an essential cross-sectional characteristic that must be defined, applied and controlled on a qualified basis.
What will be your responsibilities?
Your main task will be to manage international projects in terms of fire safety. You will be a professional guarantor and support the development team, who will contact you with fire-related and other technical inquiries. The main activities include:
- Designing fire concepts and specifications, including the concepts of electrical fire signalling
- Evaluating the normative and customer requirements related to the rolling stock
- Executing internal safety documents and preparing approval documentation
- Defining, ensuring, managing and assessing fire safety tests (especially fire resistance and fire characteristics)
What do you need to possess to become a part of our team?
- A university degree in a technical field, ideally with a focus on fire safety
- Professional experience with engineering or similar activities related to fire safety
- Experience with developing technical concepts and specifications
- Knowledge of English allowing thoroughly professional work, fundamentals of German and Czech for daily communication
- Knowledge of the standard EN 45545 is a plus
- Signing bonus in amount of CZK 50,000
- Up to 33 days of holiday
- Working hours as you organize them (you should be available between 10 am and 2 pm)
- Possibility of working from home for a better work-life balance
- Personal annual budget in the amount of CZK 24,000 or CZK 48,000 (depending on seniority), which you can use for various leisure-time activities in our cafeteria
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time