Maintenance Engineer - YUNEX
Do you want to help grow a market leading company at the forefront of digitalisation in a changing market?
Join us as a Maintenance Engineer in Enfield for YUNEX, formally known as Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems. You will be responsible for all maintenance and inspection of ANPR camera and electric vehicle charger assets, ancillary equipment and new installation and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities.
We are looking for someone with electrical aptitude and an understanding of importance of health and safety at work. Traffic industry background isn’t essential as we will provide you with sector training accreditation.
The ideal candidate is someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis.
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the Enfield area.
At Siemens, we are passionate about learning and development. Join us and we will provide you with opportunities to grow and progress within your role.
YUNEX is the market leading road technology business in the UK. We have a clear purpose to improve society through a safer, more environmentally friendly and faster road network that helps drive the UK economy. Our customers know us for quality, reliability and innovation and trust us as a long-term partner. YUNEX UK is part of a Global YUNEX Traffic business and the UK organisation is an end-to-end business with manufacturing, R&D, Service, Projects and Sales in country, hence building positive relationships with partners across the business and globally is key to the business working well. The market is changing driven by both technology and changes in the public-sector customer base, so this is an exciting period for the industry where close long-term partnerships with customers is crucial together with the ability to innovate not only our technology but also our commercial offering.
What are your responsibilities
- Maintain and install ANPR camera and electric vehicle charger including the installation and wiring of controllers, ancillary equipment and highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests, periodic inspections with electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities
- Accurately collect and process data to enable fault free analysis of equipment performance
- Analyse data to assess performance of equipment within contractual requirements, ensuring correct storage of information once process complete
- Be available for any emergency repairs and out of hours working to support service and contract requirements
- Complete mandatory NHSS (National Highways Sector Scheme) training requirements
- Be aware of safety at work and be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible by following all Health and Safety Procedures
The Maintenance Engineer (You)
Your great technical skills coupled with your self-motivation, flexibility and adaptability to a continuously changing business environment will be key to this role. You will move from one activity or work area to another quickly and effectively, learning new activities, picking up new jobs confidently and easily.
- Someone with electrical engineering qualification or equivalent experience in installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment
- Someone who is co-operative, helpful and willing to use their own initiative
- Someone who is willing to change and adapt, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily
- Someone with good attention to detail, reliable with a can-do attitude and has the ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Someone who can work on their own or as part of a team, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team
- Willingness to work outside and work at heights
Preferred, but not essential:
- Experience of working on highways electrical / electronic systems
In this field service role, you will drive a company vehicle therefore you will have a driving licence and be based within commutable distance from the Greater London area.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
What else do you need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time