At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Bid Accountant to join us in the Rail Infrastructure business. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will play a critical role in the development of the bid and tender process and be seen as the expert regarding estimates and financial issues.
As an integral part of the bid team, you will work with people across the business in the UK, therefore you can be located anywhere in the UK, with occasional travel to our main offices in Chippenham and other sites.
These are your responsibilities
- Production of robust and accurate financial tender approval documents and all required tender financial models, including rates production and analysis
- Management of the estimating process, defining estimate templates, collating responses, and consolidating into a single estimate database
- Working with the bid team to produce value adding analysis of the estimates to understand the competitive position of the bid and to ensure estimates are complete
- Management of all financial inputs to the tendering process, including foreign currency risk, inflation risk, credit risk assessments, project cashflow, finance related terms and conditions
- Ensuring visibility of all key project risks and issues, and that these are properly reflected in the risk register
- Ensuring a clear understanding of any technology development requirements and their funding
- Presentation of the key financial aspects of the bid to senior management in the business
Qualification and skills needed to qualify for this job
- Qualified Accountant ACMA/ACA or equivalent with post qualification experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including modelling and analysis techniques
- Experience of working in a complex engineering contracting or manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience of working in multi-discipline teams
- Excellent Communication skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time