Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Our customers are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with the vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. The solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. The company specialises in highly optimised in-vehicle solutions, focused in the area of BSP, audio, graphics, video and networking.
For the Automotive Business Unit (ABU) in our Villingen-Schwenningen office we are looking for an Working Student (m/f/d) – Software Develeopment Python Programming for HMI remote control tool for testrack ECU. Due to current COVID-19 situation, there is a need for controlling a testrack ECU from remote.
For controlling the ECU without using the touchscreen, a CAN-Box is available at the office. But at Home office, there is currently no solution to control the HMI of the ECU. To overcome this situation a tool is needed that is running at the PC that is in the office and connected to the ECU. The tool shall send CAN messages to the ECU in order to control the HMI.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Find out which CAN messages trigger which HMI input functions at the ECU (e.g. left / right / up / down / enter / back / scroll / open NAVI / open Media)
- Note: most CAN messages are already known, and we have a tool to view the messages that are sent by the CAN Box
- Implement a python program that sends those CAN messages to the ECU (via Peak CAN adapter that is already installed and working) in order to trigger the functionality described above → Make use of PCAN Basic API that already provides API to access PCAN Adapter: https://www.peak-system.com/PCAN-
- Enable the program to listen for keyboard input from user to trigger the mentioned functionality.
- The program shall work under Windows and optionally also under Linux (windows is prefered as the PCAN adapter is currently installed on Windows)
- Optional: Add also functionality for sending already known CAN messages that trigger Suspend to RAM / Resume at the ECU
- Optional: Implement a graphical user interface that enables the user to trigger the functionality via mouse and keyboard input. (e.g. by using Tkinter → Python's de-facto standard GUI (Graphical User Interface)
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- You are currently enrolled in a university, preferably in computer science or electrical engineering with focus on communication systems
- You are interested in python programming
- You are interested in reverse engineering
- Basics in GUI programming are a plus
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Deutschland) GmbH
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time