The 3D simulation team of Siemens Digital Industries Software develops Simcenter 3D, a fully integrated simulation platform for modeling, simulating, and analyzing complex engineering products and systems. To strengthen its Simcenter 3D RTD team in Leuven, Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a researcher with a solid Numerical Simulation (CAE) background (ideally covers several physics from structural applications to flow and thermal problems) combined with knowledge and experience in numerical methods such as MOR (Model Order Reduction), optimization, etc. Knowledge in the domains of Materials Science and/or Manufacturing Process Simulation is a strong asset.
The position is within a team of researchers and experts in advanced multi-physics modeling for materials, electronics, and structural applications targeting both manufacturing and performance attributes. The main role of the candidate will be to contribute to funded research projects execution and therefore will cover: running application cases, creating automation scripts for complex CAE workflows, prototyping and validating new numerical concepts in the domain of MOR, etc.
The work is challenging and highly multidisciplinary since the candidate will work with different Siemens Digital Industries Software tools to develop simulation solutions for complex multi-physics-driven applications & to solve challenges related to the simulation methods such as efficiency.
- MSc in Engineering (preferred) or in Material Science or Physics with min 5-10 years of industrial or academic application experience. A Phd is a plus.
- Practical experience in a broad range of CAE domains (structural analysis, flow-, thermal- simulations…); good knowledge of FE solvers and CAE pre-processing
- Good programming/scripting skills with proven experience in workflow automation
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes is a strong plus
- Has a structured approach to work with the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize workload
- Motivated team player with good interpersonal and strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time