The future of the UK’s digitalisation is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
As our Factory Digitalisation Manager you will:
- Help set the Digitalisation Strategy for the Factory, in conjunction with the ITS Global Factory management team.
- Be responsible for setting projects and day-to-day management of the Digitalisation team.
- Be responsible for running new digitalisation projects, including requirements definition, implementation and support in the key areas of hardware, coding, data analytics and general IT support. A particular interest in at least some of the following topics would be useful as well as a general desire to explore new innovative solutions: coding, databases, data analysis, data visualisation, robotics, RPA, etc.
- Design and implement standardised methods, processes and systems to optimise processes and work results in the ITS Global factory.
- Harness the digital tools and technologies available to develop solutions which create ‘no touch’ or ‘light touch’ intuitive environments for users.
- Openly share knowledge within the digital community across Siemens to spread ideas/lessons learnt and to receive feedback.
- Keep up to date with the latest digital solutions available internally and externally, with a focus on how these technologies can be incorporated into the manufacturing processes.
- Prepare and conduct data analysis on processes to create a business case to assist in prioritisation of projects
- Project managing the development, implementation, communications and training strategies for new tools and processes ensuring relevant stakeholders are involved
The Digitalisation team will work together to implement projects, and you will be expected to prioritise the team’s workload (in conjunction with the Factory management team) as well as taking the lead yourself on certain topics, which could include:
- Developing/implementing tools to make data-driven decision making easier and more visible, including visibility of live production status (where is a product in build) and live performance (KPI) data, including automation of monthly reporting.
- Learning the required Robotic Process Automation (RPA) programming language and write the code for local solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
- Researching and implementing physical robots into the production area.
- Working to optimise end to end manufacturing processes for example Traceability / Materials Planning, through use of relevant software / tools.
- Understanding in detail how the Factory uses SAP, and managing SAP Process improvements with our external service providers. Become an SAP Key user to provide local support/expertise
- Problem solving mentality / want to find the root cause of issues
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to convey technical information in a non-technical way, and vice-versa
- Process improvement and implementation knowledge
- Experience of working with / analysing large data sets
- Experience of working with SAP or a similar ERP system
- Programming experience desirable
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of the required competencies in a complex, dynamic environment.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time