As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas of Rolling Stock, Rail Infrastructure, Intelligent Traffic Systems as well as related Customer Services. With digitalization, we are enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire life cycle, improve passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc. is a partner to public agencies and companies in furnishing rail infrastructure technology that meets tomorrow’s mobility needs today.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Legal Counsel to join and support the Rolling Stock business in Sacramento, CA. We are seeking individuals who have spent at least 8 years in progressively responsible positions in a law firm and in an in-house corporate environment. Ideally, you will have knowledge of Government Contracts and are able to negotiate and handle contracts of all types, support procurement, supplier contracts, construction, and design contracts, as well as licensing agreements. You will have validated leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record. Siemens Mobility operates in a highly regulated industry and familiarity with federal regulations in respect of DOT, FRA, and FTA is desirable.
We are responsible for the strategic management of contracts as well as disputes that may arise in connection with those contracts. As part of our team, you will provide legal advice and approvals where required during public procurements and contract negotiations as well as throughout project execution and be able to draft claims, position papers, and other initiating legal documents. The ability to efficiently explain complex legal topics to the business partners and drive potential issues to a consensus decision is essential.
- Law degree with relevant experience in public infrastructure and governmental contracts. JD and admission/licensed to practice law in California a must.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of practical work experience in commercial transactions and /or litigation.
- Excellent legal writing, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills to participate in negotiations with clients, partners, suppliers, and subcontractors, and prepare complex contracts
- Negotiation skills and experience - develop risk mitigation and settlement strategies and negotiate and finalize settlement agreements where necessary
- Ability to deliver high quality legal documents within tight timeframes and simultaneously handle multiple ongoing assignments
- Familiarity with regulated industries
- Proficiency in interpreting federal regulations and drafting legal opinion letters
- Familiarity anti-trust laws, Buy America, DOT regulations desirable
- Analyze, evaluate, and resolve diverse matters with government agencies, commercial customers, partners, supplier, and subcontractors
- Identify and assess the primary contractual risks, opportunities and requirements and communication of the same
- Ensure that all contracts accurately reflect business objectives and comply with all state and local laws and regulatory requirements
- Cooperate with the project management team to define the contract / legal strategy for projects
- Prepare contract concepts and defense strategies as well as execute project-related claim opportunities
- Consult with management and draft official correspondence towards public owners and suppliers/subcontractors in a timely, clear, and professional manner
- Monitor contract conditions and events (duration, consequences, losses), deadlines, milestones and contract-related correspondence
- Identify claim possibilities and communicate along with supporting arguments and documentation
- Defend against external claims from clients, partners, suppliers, and subcontractors through the presentation of relevant exonerative facts and documentation
- Prepare for and participate in claim negotiations as well as pre-litigation matters together with project management
- Conduct legal research and writing; provide ongoing legal support within territory
- Develop and deliver legal/compliance training, coach team members and work with executives to ensure adherence to corporate policies and guidelines
- Manage litigation docket and provide oversight to outside counsel on ongoing litigations
Why Siemens? In Addition to An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Legal Counsel with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.