At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: DevOps Engineer-SISW-259953Job Location: United States, Huntsville, Alabama
We currently have a great opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to lead our team in building Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for our world-class PLM software portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Design, implement, and communicate scalable DevOps practices for new and existing cloud-hosted applications which may include enabling automated builds, deployments, configuration management, monitoring, security, and other aspects of application development and operations.
· Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of cloud computing, systems engineering, Linux system administration, network and infrastructure security, infrastructure configuration, operations, host and application monitoring, and related systems and operations engineering topics.
· Enable and promote an organizational culture of innovation which embraces DevOps principles, such as Agile principles as applied to business, development, and operations; the “Twelve Factors”; automation and measurement throughout the software development lifecycle; and knowledge sharing across teams and roles in the organization.
· Communicate with others and coordinate across teams and people to carry out implementation plans.
· Understand complex products, solutions, and problems, including those in both the technical and business domains.
· Work without supervision on complex projects, given complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
Required Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline
3 or more years of demonstrated expertise implementing DevOps, security, and operations best practices in a production cloud environment (preferably AWS)
Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration, CI/CD implementation, production monitoring, production incident management, cloud networking, and data security
Experience building and operating containerized microservices in a production environment
Proficiency in both infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation and infrastructure configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
Proficiency with AWS services, including Core services and those supporting DevOps, Security, and Operations
Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting experience in a collaborative team environment
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present information, analysis, and recommendations to teammates, managers, executives, and customers.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed team
Ability to manage and maintain project plans and roadmaps, providing accurate and timely updates to stakeholders
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.