Role: Solution Engineer
The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce energy consumption across Smart Grid infrastructure or predicts the life of critical assets and protect them power system faults. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
Can you help us drive our vision for the future? We’re looking for a dedicated executive with the skills and passion to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grid and Infrastructure team as Solution Engineer and take the lead in technology projects that will transform entire Smart Grid Infrastructure.
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Welcome to our world! Join us now.
Change the future with us!
- The right individual for this job will be responsible for managing Smart Grid oriented applications. This includes Service Level Management, Device Management, Data Management, Environment Management, application configuration, testing, Q/A, delivery, operational activities.
- The Solution Engineer role will contribute to the business validation, performance tuning, Service Level, Monitoring, application Monitoring, Data consistency and integrity, exception handling, Maintenance, Patching and support the Global Managed Services team.
- This is a customer facing position that requires a high level of professionalism, working hand in hand with the Project Manager and other Solution Engineers, and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution.
- Strong technical engineers with a robust business and technical background,a solid understanding of Enterprise Software delivery in the Smart Meter/ Smart Grid Utility space, and experience with current and prevalent web technologies. Understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM).
- This is an analytical, technical, problem solving, customer facing position focused on configuring and testing Smart Grid software solutions to meet customer requirements. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Participate on teams comprised of Project Managers, Solution Architects and other Solution Engineers.
- Provide work estimates and regular status updates to be used in project planning & tracking.
- Deploy, configure and test Smart Grid Application solutions.
- Assist in design workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices.
- Identify, log, track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues.
- Provide support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers in line with ITIL processes.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision and knowledge in Data Analytics and Visualization.
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a graduate - BE/B. Tech graduate in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
- Experience of 4 to 6 years and Knowledge in UNIX, PL/SQL with ITIL certification which is mandatory
- Basic knowledge on Python/Java Scripting language will be an added advantage
- Experience in Service Level Management is an added advantage
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Strong analytical and on the job, problem solving skills
- High-level communication skills and Exceptional interpersonal skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Chennai. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time